• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Nottingham in the UK.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BILLY BOY. Actually archery used to be compulsory. Every adult male had to shoot 100 arrows every week. Robin hood used to take from the rich and give to the poor "as the song goes" now that's pretty much reversed!;)

Actually Robin Hood stole back from the sheriff what had been stolen from the people. Robin Hood wasn't a communist, he was a libertarian.

"Robin Hood" was the name given to many thousands who had been Outlawed by the Norman Feudal Barons who controlled the people in their Manors. The serfs or landless peasants who were bound to him by birth and had to seek permission to wed. Even their dogs were limited by height. At my height I would have had two toes cut from my front feet to stop me running fast. OLD DOG..

Black powder shooting in the UK has always been popular most are non members of the MLAGB which is the main organisation ,Some pistol. and rifle clubs do cater for pistol and rifle shooters but the shotgun shooters prefer clay and game shoots.
Feltwad

I live almost within walking distance of two clay grounds and have another three within a few miles. None of who will allow black powder shooting, stating noise and complaints from other shooters about the smoke as reason. Nearest one which will allow is 20 miles away and even that is in danger of being stopped. Oh for the open spaces some of our American friends have!

Just an hour ago I put a revolver into a bag, placed that on my passenger front seat, and drove to a flat I own. Some shells were in the bag but not the cylinder. It's right now partially disassembled on the table so that I can give it a good cleaning and oiling tomorrow. Not a black powder revolver but cartridge type.

So what all laws would that have broken in England? LOL

We do mourn your plight there.

If anyone had reported seeing you in your vehicle and spotted the gun you would have ended up faced with a heavily armed squad. Helicopter too no doubt, and you would end up with at least three months inside. You just broke every law in the book and a few more beside! ;)

Dunks, I went to an MLA branch shoot yesterday and several members were using those other things including one were a hand had to move backwards aaa7 forwards !!
WE all have our secrets and all get huffy on occasions. Me more than most..
There are lots of us in GB and the other worlds. Lets not fall out over a bit of brass and paper and a roll turnover tool. Black powder still goes Bang however it's ignited. I don't use Styingge Byrnneres but still respeck Rudyard..Just keep us in your loop.
Is David(Chaulky) White still alive. He was a director at "LAKE SIDE" Years ago but I know he had not been well.
Jim, I's sorry if this is a little personal but we are a much smaller community than your side of the Pond. Few M/L shooters here know or use our forum. Michael. OLD DOG..

Dunks, I went to an MLA branch shoot yesterday and several members were using those other things including one were a hand had to move backwards aaa7 forwards !!
WE all have our secrets and all get huffy on occasions. Me more than most..
There are lots of us in GB and the other worlds. Lets not fall out over a bit of brass and paper and a roll turnover tool. Black powder still goes Bang however it's ignited. I don't use Styingge Byrnneres but still respeck Rudyard..Just keep us in your loop.
Is David(Chaulky) White still alive. He was a director at "LAKE SIDE" Years ago but I know he had not been well.
Jim, I's sorry if this is a little personal but we are a much smaller community than your side of the Pond. Few M/L shooters here know or use our forum. Michael. OLD DOG..
Well said Old Dog but do you not think that the MLAGB has declined in member ship and there are more muzzle loaders who are not members
Feltwad

GREENSWLD I have been shooting at Lakeside for around six years. I was under the impression that it was owned by Simon Hadfield and family. Never heard of your fella.
I dont want to be rude but where the heck is MIDDLE ENGLAND? I have lived for all of my 84 years in the midlands, never heard of your place!:)

Back