• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello from UK

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all, new member from NE England.

Experienced rabbiter with 22LR, 17HMR and silenced 410 but been looking for something more deliberate and relaxing for general hunting so I've taken the plunge and my first step into this black powder malarky.

Last week a 1979 repro Ardesa 12 bore "fowler" crossed my path which I feel will make a good starter gun. Took it out for a few shots today with pyrodex no 5 loads, nothing serious, just plinking tin cans, getting familiar and really enjoyed myself. My shooting mate thinks I'm mad, he's not into it at all so I'm on my own and looking forward to learning a lot from this forum. He's also rubbish at taking photos, this looks like it's from the 70's but it was actually taken 6 hours ago! I had to have a picture though, it's been a day to remember.
The north- east of the UK you would be better off joining a branch of the MLAGB in your area .
Feltwad

The north- east of the UK you would be better off joining a branch of the MLAGB in your area .
Feltwad
Why aye, hinny. Ye wasn't thinkin ah was teltin me marra te gan aal the wey doon Sooth, shorly ;-))))) Ah meh live doon heah but when ah gan yhem ah shoot at Annik.

(Translation available on request.)

Why aye, hinny. Ye wasn't thinkin ah was teltin me marra te gan aal the wey doon Sooth, shorly ;-))))) Ah meh live doon heah but when ah gan yhem ah shoot at Annik

Ha, no translation required, I 'd say you lived about 30 miles NNW from me with a belt of Pitmattic between us!

I will be thinking about joining MLAGB and am considering what my Basc and their insurances cover. Certainly they are the route to take if I do take this further and I guess it's evidence of need / progression in shooting for the police when the question of an ML rifle arises. Similarly I'll use the Pyrodex I have, get a licence and then move on to proper BP. So far searching certain points here has proven very helpful so thank you for your welcomes and I look forward to making some posts soon from a very green beginners perspective.

Cheers

Hi all, new member from NE England.

Experienced rabbiter with 22LR, 17HMR and silenced 410 but been looking for something more deliberate and relaxing for general hunting so I've taken the plunge and my first step into this black powder malarky.

Last week a 1979 repro Ardesa 12 bore "fowler" crossed my path which I feel will make a good starter gun. Took it out for a few shots today with pyrodex no 5 loads, nothing serious, just plinking tin cans, getting familiar and really enjoyed myself. My shooting mate thinks I'm mad, he's not into it at all so I'm on my own and looking forward to learning a lot from this forum. He's also rubbish at taking photos, this looks like it's from the 70's but it was actually taken 6 hours ago! I had to have a picture though, it's been a day to remember.
Welcome from South Carolina USA. You have two nice rifles to start you on your way!

Ha, no translation required, I 'd say you lived about 30 miles NNW from me with a belt of Pitmattic between us!

I will be thinking about joining MLAGB and am considering what my Basc and their insurances cover. Certainly they are the route to take if I do take this further and I guess it's evidence of need / progression in shooting for the police when the question of an ML rifle arises. Similarly I'll use the Pyrodex I have, get a licence and then move on to proper BP. So far searching certain points here has proven very helpful so thank you for your welcomes and I look forward to making some posts soon from a very green beginners perspective.

Cheers
If you thinking of posting threads ,just a word of warning Be careful in what you say the type of shooting in the States is different than here in the UK and can upset some members
Feltwad

Back