• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from North Florida

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To the Muzzleloaders:

Been shooting and reloading for over 40 years. Almost exclusively at ranges. Indoor at first, then outdoor.

About 8 years ago I moved to a farm just south of the Georgia line.

Have never shot a muzzleloader before.

A friend recently gave me a gen 3 colt 1851. I also ordered a Pietta 1851 from Natchez and a Traditions Deerhunter from Battlehawk Armory. Neither have arrived yet.

Another friend gave me 3 tins of cci#11 magnum caps, a pound of pyrodex P and 2 pounds of RS, and around 100 .375 Hornady round balls.

I somehow had a box of .490 ball in my lead pile.

Ordered a Lee .380 82 grain round ball mold and a paper cart kit from guns of the west dude.

Been reading a bunch. Mostly on this site.

Now shopping for a screwdriver set and a 3/8 punch. LOL.

Guessing you guys are not budget friendly.

I look forward to one day adding something but for now...Cheers!

Sincerely,

Wheelman
Welcome! Down in Jacksonville, off the west spur, Is the Gateway Rifle and Pistol club. The 2nd Saturday of every month a BP Group, Treaty Oaks, have a BP shoot, rifle 5 targets, 1 pistol target. Guests are welcome. Shooting starts at 8 AM but I recommend you get shortly after 7 to meet the group and get set up to shoot.

Welcome from PA & North Florida. We spent our winters just north of Lake City. Also do some of our shopping over in Live Oak. This year a friend & I spent some time burning black powder at the gun range east of Lake City in the Osceola National forest. We were hoping to see other flintlocker's there, but never did.

Back