• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Texas!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Thank you for the add. I learned how to shoot from my Uncle in France when I was 14. He was a muzzleloader and competitive shooter. After collecting Mausers for 15 years, I have recently fallen in love with muzzleloaders again. I have 3 civil war rifles and this 1803 Harper's Ferry modified to percussion by Henry Leman in 1961 for the PA armory. It is now in 58 caliber (3 grooves). It came from the George Moller collection. My question to the group is whether these Leman rifles were meant to shoot Minie balls, round balls, or both? I am also asking for the Indian trade rifle in .54 cal (also a Leman design) I just order from the Track of the Wolf. TIA, Dan

Attachments

• IMG_0189.jpg
    IMG_0189.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0190 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_0190 - Copy.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0191.jpg
    IMG_0191.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0193.jpg
    IMG_0193.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0194.jpg
    IMG_0194.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Welcome from Beaver County PA. Very nice rifle in those pics!
Thanks Moose! Football and hunting country! :) This rifle was made at Harper's Ferry and modified in Lancaster PA. I lived in Chester County for 23 years. I just love that Pennsylvania rifle look! Handles well too and target aqcuisition with the brass front sight is easy.

Back