• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from NJ

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Locktown

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I've been lurking for a few months and have enjoyed the forum. I haven't shot anything since my high school hunting days, and don't shoot ML yet, but my 13 yr old son will be shooting ML in 4H soon. We found a couple old BP guns in an old house we bought, and our need for info brought us here. Both guns won't ever be shot, a Damascus double barrel Belgian and a shortened Harper's Ferry Contract Musket. We are just cleaning both up to hang on the wall being careful to preserve them. I've lived in the Flemington area for last 20 yrs.

Welcome to the forum! There are a few of us from NJ. I'm not too far from you if you ever want to shoot.

My 14 year old son bought his first flinter last year.

Welcome to the forum! And please, send me any real estate brochures form NJ that feature houses with old guns in them for sale!!! :hmm:

Seriously, good find- and good to have you here. :hatsoff:

Dan C

:thumbsup: Hey Locktown,welcome to the MLF.I grew up in Locktown and lived in Flemington all my life except the last 5 yrs up here,retired.Good find on the guns.I was wondering whose old house you found them in.I probably know the house.Anyway good ta have ya here. :) Griz

Welcome to the Forum! I'm a member of two of the nicest clubs in Jersey for shooting BP. One is a group based in Vernon that does an annual Rondy and the other is a club that has a League Shoot twice a month: www.oldbridgerifle.com . Both are Charter Clubs with the NMLRA and have crack shots in rifle, pistol and shotgun black powder arms.

If you ever want to check-out what goes on at an organized black powder event, please email me or send me a PT here! Our Shoots are open to the public and are a real HOOT!

I wish you & your son all of the best fun that the 4-H program has to offer :thumbsup: .

I'm at your service....

Dave
NRA Distinguished Expert in Muzzleloading Rifle

Last edited by a moderator:
We found the guns in our house we bought in Flemington Boro in 1990, moved to Delaware Twp in 2000. So 20 yrs later, finally getting around to doing something with them. Might not have attempted anything if it weren't for the wealth of knowledge on this sight.

:thumbsup: You might know of my brother,he was the police chief in the boro for 30 some yrs.I lived out by the lazy k ranch,on 579.Griz

Welcome to the "family". Great find on those guns; please post pictures....maybe "before" and "after"? Thanks.

Welcome to the MLF!There are lots of friendly knowlegable folks here in camp with a lifetime of experience to share. Sure would like to see some pic's of those smokepoles you found.

Back