• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hawken with William Large barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cadjak,
It seems to me the front sight is installed backwards. Usually the gradual sloping side is towards the muzzle and the staighter side is towards the shooter. Easily remedied I suppose.

Well, I didn't want to say anything about the sight. It just so happens I know a builder here in Arizona who's name has been broadcast all over the world and his third rifle has a front sight just like that! :rotf: :rotf: :redface:

Thanks to everyone here for all the help. One last thing, since the "classifieds" section of this forum is down until next year, what would be a good place to list this rifle for sale? Hopefully, a site where it would find an appreciative home. :thumbsup:
^^^

cadjak, you might have some luck with a web search for gun auctions on google or ask jeeves. Then you can pick the best one you think will be the best for muzzleloading firearms. There are quite a few of them on the web.
:hatsoff:

What I decided to do was sell the rifle to someone that seems to know all the faults of this rifle from seeing the photos here. I'd rather do that, than deal with an irrate auction buyer. I may not get the last penny out of the rifle, but that was never my intention. A fair price to a good home.
Thanks again to the great members of this forum. I almost wish I had kept the rifle, just so I could hang out here more.
-cadjak

It was a 53 caliber.

I didn't quite get into muzzle loading, but I did just buy a cartridge 1874 Sharps. I'm slowly going back in time. At least it isn't black plastic. I am pouring over muzzle loading catalogues for a fringed rifle sleeve, either leather or blanket. I may end up making it myself.
-cadjak

That's a really nice Hawken and a piece of muzzleloading history. It should be a great shooter.

cadjak: Dixie Gunworks has some gun covers:
DIXIE GUN COVERS

While your there, who knows? You may find a nice smokepole :) .

(For folks who are lookin for stuff, don't forget, if you go to our LINKS forum you can find all sorts of links to companies who sell muzzleloading things.)

Back