• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Have a Kentucky pistol kit missing the flintlock. What can I use???????

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure what happened to L&R's quality control, but the guy must've retired.
I bought a LH Queen Ann that was a total disaster. I ended up sending it to a lock master to cure, and after about 20 hours on the bench turned it into something worth having.

I would keep looking on evilbay if you don't get the one from John May.

Advice worth what it cost you.

Not sure what happened to L&R's quality control, but the guy must've retired.
I bought a LH Queen Ann that was a total disaster. I ended up sending it to a lock master to cure, and after about 20 hours on the bench turned it into something worth having.

I would keep looking on evilbay if you don't get the one from John May.

Advice worth what it cost you.
I may do both. It seems to be a great deal. And I have time. Thanks

As promised, a couple of photos of the lock in question. I have removed the mainspring (shown) to prevent it 'setting' whilst stored and, at the moment I can't put my hand on the sear spring although I know it's here somewhere! I have the screw, the spring is just being elusive!

Postage to the US of A based on a 250 gram parcel will be approximately £10.65 ($15).View attachment 78497View attachment 78498
It looks nice. So $15 US for shipping and $15 US for the lock? If you can find all.part this sounds like a great deal. Thanks for looking for everything!!

Hello everyone, hoping that someone can give me some help. Just got a Kentucky pistol kit its a 45 Cal. model. It has mostly all.of the parts. I will get what is missing through deer creek. But they seem not to have the Flintlock that comes with it. Can anyone help me out tell me what flintlock would work and where would be the best place. If anyone knows of anyone that has one that I can use would be appreciated. Would love to get this kit going. Thanks in advance. Paul.
Hello. I hope I can help from Spain. The flint lock of the Kentucky pistol from CVA (Dikar) is exactly the same as the one from Traditions (Ardesa). Order a flint lock from Traditions in the United States and you have solved the problem. The lock used by the Pennsylvania rifle or the Ardesa-Traditions Shenandoah is even better and works perfectly, as it has a bridle and fly. Greetings from Spain.

Hello. I hope I can help from Spain. The flint lock of the Kentucky pistol from CVA (Dikar) is exactly the same as the one from Traditions (Ardesa). Order a flint lock from Traditions in the United States and you have solved the problem. The lock used by the Pennsylvania rifle or the Ardesa-Traditions Shenandoah is even better and works perfectly, as it has a bridle and fly. Greetings from Spain.
Thanks I will try that. What part of Spain? My Mother's dad my Grandfather comes from Barcelona. Then moved to Puerto Rico when Spain owned it. Appreciate you Hermanoshawken!

I was born and live in the North of Spain. In Asturias, whose capital is Oviedo. It is the cradle of Spain. In other words, where Spain was born. Best regards.

Hello everyone, hoping that someone can give me some help. Just got a Kentucky pistol kit its a 45 Cal. model. It has mostly all.of the parts. I will get what is missing through deer creek. But they seem not to have the Flintlock that comes with it. Can anyone help me out tell me what flintlock would work and where would be the best place. If anyone knows of anyone that has one that I can use would be appreciated. Would love to get this kit going. Thanks in advance. Paul.

Not sure , but I have to believe a percussion lock would fit that mortise also. Just remove the flint touch hole and install a drum with nipple. Retap if neccessary. On Gunbroker today there are at least 3 CVA percussion pistol reasonably priced. From the comments on CVA flintlock actions, I’d avoid it.

Back