• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Kentucky Pistol sights

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Losekamp

West Harrison, Indiana
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Hello, I'm in the process of obtaining a beautiful example of a Pedersoli Kentucky pistol in maple from a forum member. Like many, I believe the factory sights are huge and just don't look quite right. Has anyone replaced them? I'd like to see how different blades and rears look on them, thanks in advance.

Also, while I'm here. What size balls are you having the best luck with? I've heard some Pedersoli barrels need smaller balls than you'd expect.

The pistol in question:
301977-f284e0c2938fe24cf1a25832927a4948 (1).jpeg

No need to replace them, cut them down. First establish how the gun shoots and get the sights regulated. Then file equal amounts off the front and rear to maintain the aim and match the image of what you want.

No need to replace them, cut them down. First establish how the gun shoots and get the sights regulated. Then file equal amounts off the front and rear to maintain the aim and match the image of what you want.
I'm sure they're perfectly functional, something about the look bugs me though. I'd rather have brass or silver down the road instead of the black coated steel (I presume that's what they are anyway).

Very nice looking gun. Especially the stock. From the POV of an observer, they're so likely to be impressed with the gun that I really don't think they're going to be "bugged" by the sights. That's something you do for yourself, if you do it. IMO, I don't really think it's necessary appearance-wise. It's just a question of sighting and aiming functionality, and IMO @Phil Coffins gave suitable advice for that approach, in post above.

Very nice looking gun. Especially the stock. From the POV of an observer, they're so likely to be impressed with the gun that I really don't think they're going to be "bugged" by the sights. That's something you do for yourself, if you do it. IMO, I don't really think it's necessary appearance-wise. It's just a question of sighting and aiming functionality, and IMO @Phil Coffins gave suitable advice for that approach, in post above.
It's definitely a personal aesthetic preference and the front is bit thick. The more I think about it, the more I'd like to do lol. A full sized muzzle cap being high on the list after stripping the browning from the barrel and refinishing the wood to match my Colonial. Any changes will likely be winter projects next year, if I don't decide to just leave it alone. Sights though will come first.

Latest posts

Back