• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hatfield .50 Caplock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wasn't looking for it. Don't really need it. But what are you going to do when you run across one of those "can't pass it up" deals?

A by Van Lopez, on Flickr
34706776683_7994352927_z.jpg
[/url]C by Van Lopez, on Flickr[/img]
34706782593_46c22cf852_z.jpg
[/url]E by Van Lopez, on Flickr[/img]
34706824163_999a0bbc32_z.jpg
[/url]Q by Van Lopez, on Flickr[/img]

I also have a Hatfield flintlock. It's .45 caliber by the later iteration of the Hatfield company when the guns were actually produced by Pedersoli.

So far as I can tell, this one was made by the original Hatfield company. The lock bears the Hatfield name, but there are no markings on the top or side of the barrel - no name, no caliber, nothing. The only barrel marking is a number on the bottom flat.

35349496742_94622a7840_z.jpg
[/url]L by Van Lopez, on Flickr[/img]

I hope you bought it........if not I will take the info from you and go after it myself! :) Nice wood on it and I don't believe that I have seen one with a nose cap on it like yours. Mine don't have any serial numbers on them like yours. I believe that my Hatfields are one in 66" twist and not one in 48". Mine are VERY ACCURATE! I don't get my panties in a wad over the H/C thing so I enjoy the Hatfields for what they are....a beautiful accurate longrifle. Btw........I sure wish I had an early .45 caliber flintlock Hatfield! Greg. :)

Cowboy, I have a Pedersoli Frontier and a Pedersoli Blue Ridge. They both have walnut stocks and my Hatfields both have maple stocks. I believe my Pedersolis are one in 48 twist whereas both my Hatfields are one in 66". I much prefer my Hatfields over my Pedersolis. Greg. :)

Back