• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rudy Marek (Gun maker/engraver) custom built .40 Caliber percussion rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THREEDFLYER

32 Cal
Reaction score
Wanted to share some photos of my custom built .40 percussion rifle that was made by gun builder and master engraver Rudy Marek of Portland Oregon several years ago. I first was made aware of Rudy's work when I came across a fully engraved S&W Pre-27 3.5" that he had fully engraved and HAD to have it!! It turns out that Rudy was working for Colt at one time as a factory engraver....among many of his talents.

Rudy was also a law enforcement officer in the Portland area.

Once I had that gun in my possession I began research on Mr. Marek, who passed away in the mid 1990's, and a friend of mine Hayes Otoupalik happened to have known Rudy very well. In fact, Hayes purchased Rudy's Civil War Napoleon cannon from the estate when Rudy passed away.

Hayes introduced me to one of Rudy's surviving son's Dean and we have maintained a friendship since then.

One evening while searching the inter-web I came across a gun shop in CA selling a custom built percussion rifle made by.....you guessed it.....Rudy Marek!!

So obviously I had to have that gun.....so we struck a deal and that was the rifle that got me back into black powder again.

Fun fact: You can watch an episode of Fox's "Strange Inheritance" called "Cannon Father" to see much more about old Rudy.

Here are some photos of the rifle and a couple of the pre-27 S&W.

Latest posts

Back