• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Gunmaker wanted in western Montana

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naphtali

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I am left-handed and left eye dominant. Eighteen months ago, I went blind in my left eye. After recovering some sight, I have decided to have a Ferguson flintlock rifle made for my use since I am forced to convert to become a right-handed shooter.

If you build rifles, I ask you to consider taking the job. I have an L&R right-handed flintlock as individual unfitted parts. Perhaps it might be better to buy the lock, needing only tuning by you?

I'm not going to overload you with details. If the build appeals to you we'll work out details and payment. I anticipate $1K–$2K. Because of the stock blank's excessive length, the gunmaker needs to be in western Montana. I am in Missoula County.
Unfired TRS-Rayl Ferguson breech-loading flintlock barreled action. Partial specifications are as follows. More dimensional specifications included in photographs.

1. TRS (The Rifle Shoppe) Ferguson action, including trigger plate (trigger plate not shown). Action is not drilled-and-tapped for touch hole as its precise location would occur during completion of rifle. Material is AISI 8620.

2. Ed Rayl finished and installed .54-caliber swamped octagon barrel 39 inches long. Material is AISI 8620.

3. English walnut (not black walnut) stock blank three inches thick is slightly machined with barrel slot.
100_1282.jpg
100_1281.jpg
100_1280.jpg
100_1281.jpg
100_1275.jpg
100_1276.jpg
100_1277.jpg
100_1278.jpg
100_1278.jpg

Attachments

• 100_1279.jpg
    100_1279.jpg
    854.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I am having much trouble uploading photographs as full images only. I think I have the eight I wanted to upload properly inserted, I think there is a duplicate photograph as thumbnail. Since images are uploaded from my computer, I assume that the full-sized image would be unavailable?? Regardless, I think sufficient information is in the WANTED advertisement for its purpose.

Back