• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

GPR trigger pull

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwojack

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I recently bought a GPR Hunter rifle. It is used, but in new condition. I also have a GPR that was made from a kit. The rifle made from a kit has a nice, smooth easy trigger pull while the Hunter has a much harder trigger pull and doesn't feel as smooth. I tried playing with the small screw in-between the two triggers, but it did not make much of a difference. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do? :hmm:

First check your lock and see if any moving parts show signs of rubbing or scraping anywhere. If so you will need to polish those areas. Do the same with the trigger no scrapes or rubbing anywhere. Now on the screw between the triggers I hear a lot of the GPR owners go straight to the hardware store and replace that screw with a longer one to get the adjustment they need.
As a second thought you might just loosen your lock bolt to see if it is too tight. Sometimes just a half turn will allow the lock to work correctly.
Fox :hatsoff:

I'v repaced the set screw for my GPR and it is now a hair trigger( breaks fast), but it is still a heavy trigger meening a lot of presure to pull, I think after time it will let off a bit. My 2 cents F.K.

Mike I don't know but it is probably metric. You can take it with you to the nut and bolt store and have them measure it. You will also probably have to get a bolt and cut the head off then file a screw slot in the shaft and also shorten to fit once you have the length right.
The other alternative if you have the tools is to drill and tap a new hole to fit a screw size you can get. New manufactured gun parts part of the fun in Muzzleloading.
Fox :hatsoff:

Mike, I had a heavy trigger pull on my GPR..I took the lock apart, and took one coil off the sear spring...lightened it just about enough...the sear spring is in that little tube at the back of the lock...Hank

I taped and used a comon thread brass screw saves all the looking for what the gun is made for.It was real easy to do. I got a screw that was one size up didn't even need to drill. F.K. I used a screw about 1/4 inch long

Back