• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

GPR Nipples

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
Any recommendations for a good replacement nipple for the Lyman GPR? One that's long-lasting, reliable, and fits the #11 caps well?
And does anybody know the thread size? It's different than either T/C or Traditions.
Thanks.

Thanks Rebel. I'll see if I can find one.
I bought the gun used. Somebody filed on the nipple I have now. The caps won't stay put. Just fall right off. Works OK for targets but won't do for huntin'.

I had been using one of the aftermarket bronze nipples on mine. It fired fine, but I wore it out last summer and replaced it with a Hot Shot. It fires just as reliably, but the spent caps are sure a lot easier to remove. That alone makes it worth changing.

One of my main rifles is a Santa Fe Hawken I built in '85, I used up the original nipple on it in a few years and replaced it with a Hot Shot nipple and it is still going strong.

Looks like HotShots are the nipple of choice around here. Thanks for your recommendations. I'll find one of 'em for my GPR.

I have used the Hot Shot nipples, the Knight Red Hot's, and the Magnum "Spitfire" nipple. The Spitfire nipple gets my vote hands down. I found it the best nipple I have ever used in my Lyman Deerstalker.

I placed a Hot Shot nipple on my GPR and never been happier. You can find them at Dixie Gun Works.

jethro,
I'm with most of the others, you can't
go wrong with the 'Hot Shot' nipples.IMO
snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Back