• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

GPR Front Trigger

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I seem to shoot offhand better using the front trigger unset despite the front trigger pull being long(creep) and somewhat heavy prior to releasing. For bench shooting the set trigger does adjust the front trigger to a very nice light release. My question: on the stock Lyman GPR lock and double triggers what might I do to reduce the creep and/or lighten the pull weight of the unset front trigger? I do not wish to replace the stock lock or trigger assembly.

The screw in the middle of both firing trigger(front) and set trigger(rear) can be adjusted for the length of travel in your front trigger. Doesn't make it lighter though!

To make the GPR fire more smoothly you could polish the parts in your triggers and lock. Might not totally cure your rough spongy trigger pull but it wouldn't hurt to do it or have it done neither.

I know you said that you didn't want to replace your triggers. If I could give you any piece of advice I would tell you to spend the extra $50 and buy yourself a set of Davis Deerslayer Triggers. You definitely wouldn't be sorry and your accuracy would jump up dramatically!

With Davis triggers your performance either at the range or hunting will drastically raise to a whole different level. Heard alot of good reports from others who switched them so I did the same. Best $50 I spent in a long time. It will turn your accurate GPR into a tac driving GPR! I started a topic in the General Muzzleloading section about Davis Deerslayer Triggers in my GPR. Pics included. Check it out!

Respectfully, Cowboy :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back