• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Good news....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
....for some.
You might be seeing less of me!

Britain, brainless Britain is on the cusp of banning lead ammunition.
This is going to force me off the web, if I want to continue hunting with my muzzloaders that is.
I will be forced to continue illegally if no provision is made for certain historical firearms which they won't because the British view on anything shooting is tunnel visioned!
Shooting anything is starting to get unbearable here. Half my breechloaders will be scrap too!
And I'm not sure I want to tow the line anymore much longer!
There is only so much arse spanking a man can take and I ain't having any!

Even my state in Aus has a lead exemption for ducks when using muzzleloaders.

I really want to hunt the UK for a nice roe buck, seems ridiculous it can't be done with a muzzleloader.

I feel for you mate, but if you ever get over to Aus I'd be happy to take you out shooting foxes, rabbits, deer or whatever with some lead and flint guns.

Even my state in Aus has a lead exemption for ducks when using muzzleloaders.

I really want to hunt the UK for a nice roe buck, seems ridiculous it can't be done with a muzzleloader.

I feel for you mate, but if you ever get over to Aus I'd be happy to take you out shooting foxes, rabbits, deer or whatever with some lead and flint guns.
Thank you buddy 😁

That sucks, and it sounds like it's time to leave as I'm sure no revolution is forthcoming there.
But, where to go? People can blow hard all they want about their state or area, fact is the U.S. isn't far behind you guys in squashing liberty and freedom, and we're far ahead of you in many other areas of the demise of a free civil society.

@Britsmoothy

Bismuth with 5-10% tin is considered non-tox here in the States. It is expensive though. BUT it acts a lot like lead in terminal performance and is safe for any muzzleloader without any sort of shotcup because it's only slightly harder than lead. I'm pretty sure bismuth shot is legal in the UK.

Nath, this certainly sucks. NorthFork mentions bismuth, and it occurs to me that I have never heard of anyone experimenting with a bismuth round ball or conical. And weird as it sounds, I wonder how a copper round ball would work in a smooth rifle -- or possibly even leather patched in a rifled bore.

Britsmoothy that’s terrible. I hope there is a provision for muzzleloaders for you! I worry about the same blanket type law changes here in the US. It hasn’t happened in many places here yet, but I think some places are banning or looking to ban lead.

@Britsmoothy

Bismuth with 5-10% tin is considered non-tox here in the States. It is expensive though. BUT it acts a lot like lead in terminal performance and is safe for any muzzleloader without any sort of shotcup because it's only slightly harder than lead. I'm pretty sure bismuth shot is legal in the UK.
Bismuth is available but very expensive.
If all else fails.....
However I won't be varmint hunting with that due to cost.
It would mean game hunting only, which is fine I guess.
I'm very depressed with it all at the moment.
Thanks for the camaraderie.

Yes, time to think outside the box so to speak, more expensive yes but try the bismuth, copper or whatever will suit the imposing Bas$$$ds. perhaps copper coated BBs there steel core but have a copper coating would work. Sadly, it's happening here also but being the rebellious one I will never give up. Out fox them Brit (you have the experience with the real foxes) Now is the time to put on your thinking cap. You give in they win and will even go further in restrictions. Your countries shooters have gone through the wringer, sadly it is going on here also. THE ULTIMATE GOAL IS NO GUNS OF ANY TYPE AND ITS BEING ACCOMPLISHED THROUGH THE BACK DOOR MOVES SUCH AS THIS.

Yes, time to think outside the box so to speak, more expensive yes but try the bismuth, copper or whatever will suit the imposing Bas$$$ds. perhaps copper coated BBs there steel core but have a copper coating would work. Sadly, it's happening here also but being the rebellious one I will never give up. Out fox them Brit (you have the experience with the real foxes) Now is the time to put on your thinking cap. You give in they win and will even go further in restrictions. Your countries shooters have gone through the wringer, sadly it is going on here also. THE ULTIMATE GOAL IS NO GUNS OF ANY TYPE AND ITS BEING ACCOMPLISHED THROUGH THE BACK DOOR MOVES SUCH AS THIS.
They did it in Canada too and I think you wound more with steel than lead and for the lead in the bottom of lakes the birds are eating.Well in our slews and lakes the bottom feeders are gonna have to grow longer bills if they wanna eat lead shot .Well it’s what we get for having dumb asses running things and screwing every thing up.🤪

Bismuth is available but very expensive.
If all else fails.....
However I won't be varmint hunting with that due to cost.
It would mean game hunting only, which is fine I guess.
I'm very depressed with it all at the moment.
Thanks for the camaraderie.
We may be in the same seat here soon also, the current administration in DC has proposed not allowing lead ammo on all federal property including hunting in federal parks, which covers a lot of ground for some folks.

They did it in Canada too and I think you wound more with steel than lead and for the lead in the bottom of lakes the birds are eating.Well in our slews and lakes the bottom feeders are gonna have to grow longer bills if they wanna eat lead shot .Well it’s what we get for having dumb asses running things and screwing every thing up.🤪
It's not the issue of wounding game the powers to be don't give a s%%t about that, the ultimate goal is to ban anything connected to firearms, the next thing will be the smoke from firearms is harming the air, just seen where the crazy Ba$$$$d in N.Y. city want to ban wood and coal fired pizza ovens. The lead bans are derived from some scientist who has never hunted or more than likely never shot a gun, all he knows is guns bad. No gun's good 2nd amendment in the way, O.K. cant get guns get what makes them go bang. DDT was bad for the birds no DDT

I just read a “ hit piece” accusing Hornady of supplying “ sniper bullets “ to Russia! Unbelievable!

Latest posts

Back