• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

GOEX POWDER, ANY NEWS YET?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to buy some. Building and sustaining a business is hard today. I remember that old WWII ammo plant was bought a couple years ago and was going to be a new primers company. But nothing has been heard from them since.

All my ML have been sighted in with Goex, and I have plenty left. For decades I've ordered a case every time I drop under 25 pounds on hand so I do not exceed the 50# legal limit. I also buy caps to match the powder supply. I don't consider myself a hoarder and use money once wasted on beer and cigarettes to make these purchases.

I will try a few pounds of the new Goex before considering switching brands. Too old with too many ML to work up new loads for everything I shoot, unless I become desperate.

Last edited:
I just bought a bottle of Goex 4f powder for $39.99 at local gun shop. I'm not sure it is a new powder or new old stock but all the bottles are new black shiny plastic ones with red labels. I'll look to see if there's a manufacturing date on it when I get home.

I just bought a bottle of Goex 4f powder for $39.99 at local gun shop. I'm not sure it is a new powder or new old stock but all the bottles are new black shiny plastic ones with red labels. I'll look to see if there's a manufacturing date on it when I get home.
o_O

This was posted recently by Maine Powder House. If it’s accurate, it could be awhile yet.
2895803B-5E4A-40A3-AAED-158C1023CD93.jpeg

And like many businesses, they don't give the public any news updates if it's bad or delayed. Only if it's good.

I have 23# of Goex in 1-2-3-4F from back when it was still in production, I have never shot anything else. All of my flintlock rifles will shoot a cloverleaf at 50 yards (the limit of my 75-year-old eyes), it did take a while to find out what some rifles liked but that is part of the process.

I don't get the slamming Estis for putting a sound business model in place, but then again, I never thought anybody owed me a single thing in life either. I don't get the "inferior product" stuff either, it always worked very well for me for the last 50 years, as my full freezer can attest to.

In the not too distant future they’ll be this thing called “google search “ ….
It’s absolutely amazing some of the info that shows up…

7D15D755-33F4-4BA4-9755-295828950EF8.jpeg

Rumor has it, Friendship will be well stocked..

I’ll bet money Deer Creek Products will be as well!

In the not too distant future they’ll be this thing called “google search “ ….
It’s absolutely amazing some of the info that shows up…

Rumor has it, Friendship will be well stocked..

I’ll bet money Deer Creek Products will be as well!
1,800 pounds today for friendship, 8,000 for Deer Creek products. On the same truck. Deer creek helped em unload at friendship and told the driver follow me I will show you a shortcut.

Latest posts

Back