• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Powder Valley Has Goex In Stock.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tell me about it. I can't find number 10 caps to save my life. Might need to look into reloading spent caps.
Well, yeah, you can do that........or you can convert 22 LR rounds quickly and easily. I know what you're gonna' say, "22 ammo ain't cheap!!!". No it's not, but in most places you can buy 22 LR cheaper than you can buy caps. Cuz THEY AIN'T NO CAPS!!! Seriously, you can find 22's for less than caps, just pull the bullets, dump the powder, cut the case back a ways and open up the now-crimped shut case with pliers. It'll fit perfectly on the nipple, just like a #11 cap. Maybe better, 'cuz the "crimp" will halp hold it tight! Give it a try, it beats not shooting!

Well, yeah, you can do that........or you can convert 22 LR rounds quickly and easily. I know what you're gonna' say, "22 ammo ain't cheap!!!". No it's not, but in most places you can buy 22 LR cheaper than you can buy caps. Cuz THEY AIN'T NO CAPS!!! Seriously, you can find 22's for less than caps, just pull the bullets, dump the powder, cut the case back a ways and open up the now-crimped shut case with pliers. It'll fit perfectly on the nipple, just like a #11 cap. Maybe better, 'cuz the "crimp" will halp hold it tight! Give it a try, it beats not shooting!
Works best with a modified mini pipe cutter.

Damn, that's not a bad idea! It's an awful shame that it's come to this, though. This idea makes me long for the days when I could pick up a brick of 500 rounds of .22lr for under $25 though!

Latest posts

Back