• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

GOEX POWDER, ANY NEWS YET?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So my question is not when , but how much ? Right now Schutzen is running $20 to $23 a pound and preforms the same or slightly better than old Goex. So if the release of "new" Goex comes with a higher price tag, it doesn't matter when it arrives.

I've kind of gotten used to shooting Schuetzen and Swiss. Have one each of Goex in 2 & 3 F. But am content with the other 2 brands. I took advantage of Grafs shipping deal a while back.

I've kind of gotten used to shooting Schuetzen and Swiss. Have one each of Goex in 2 & 3 F. But am content with the other 2 brands. I took advantage of Grafs shipping deal a while back.
Yep, at this point it really doesn’t matter that much anymore. Swiss will spoil you.

I ordered a bunch of Swiss and Schuetzen 3F when Graf was running the recent special no hazmat and no shipping, I still have a few pounds of Goex so when it's gone, its gone. I already use the Schuetzen in my trade gun, I don't anticipate seeing it on the shelves anytime soon.

While I used to shoot Old E, a Goex premium powder, I've long ago switched completely over to Swiss for competition purposes and Scheutzen for working with kids.

Will I go back if and when Goex gets around to civilian production, highly doubtful at this point.

You hard core Goex guys need to give it a rest and switch to who is supplying the community and is active in supporting black powder shooting sports.

So my question is not when , but how much ? Right now Schutzen is running $20 to $23 a pound and preforms the same or slightly better than old Goex. So if the release of "new" Goex comes with a higher price tag, it doesn't matter when it arrives.
Made in America premium will be at least 8 bucks.

So $31, or more, per pound.

Swiss and Schuetzen for me.

If America can't figure out how to be competitive in the manufacturing marketplace, without raping American wallets, America is going to die.

Or be purchased by China for pennies on the dollar.

Not brand loyal. I have been using GOEX for years but its what I had stocked up on. It may be the only BP I've ever shot since the early 80's, don't actually recall.

However, as soon as its time to stock back up on powder, if GOEX has not taken care of their civilian base, or if they do and their prices are out of line, then they can keep it. Not playing this game if I can help from doing so.

With that said, its to my belief that GOEX is very happy with their lush government contracts and don't really give a rip about us pee-ons. We are, at most, a few tiny minnows in a big pond to them.

Last edited:
I've been using Goex for N-SSA competition since I got started over a decade ago. I'd prefer to stick with Goex if I can. I've got about 7 pounds of powder left. I am betting it will be back on shelves before the end of the year.
Sorry Steve, but regular Goex isn't the best thing out there nor was it ever the best. Look at what the winners are using and you won't find Goex, but maybe some Old E. Couple that rush to mediocrity along with lack of support of shooting sports and Goex has a very steep hill to climb before I'll use it again.

I spoke directly with Karl at Nationals and in an email exchange, he referred me to a marketing weenie for further conversation but that cube drone has yet to respond. So status quo for Goex, mediocre powder, poor customer service, nothing changed since the sale.

Sorry Steve, but regular Goex isn't the best thing out there nor was it ever the best. Look at what the winners are using and you won't find Goex, but maybe some Old E. Couple that rush to mediocrity along with lack of support of shooting sports and Goex has a very steep hill to climb before I'll use it again.
I know it's not the best. But I started out with Goex, and all my load workups are dialed in with it. Don't want to do that all over again. Plus, I like supporting the only US maker of black powder.

Now, if it ends up costing the same as Swiss, I might switch.

I know it's not the best. But I started out with Goex, and all my load workups are dialed in with it. Don't want to do that all over again. Plus, I like supporting the only US maker of black powder.

Now, if it ends up costing the same as Swiss, I might switch.
For me, I did my initial load workups with Old E and it's very similar to Swiss in performance. As far as cost, sure, Swiss costs a bit more but when purchasing by the case, that price drops to the point where the question becomes "do I accept mediocre performance for the sake of a couple pennies per shot".

Sure, we'd all like to have a good domestic supplier, but the lack of response from Karl's marketing drone has done nothing to begin to instill a desire for their product. In short, if they don't care about the customer when it's not Uncle Sugar, then I'll go elsewhere with my dollars.

Latest posts

Back