• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Just ordered some Graff fffg

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well when I got back in to muzzle loading in 2017 I started with Graff fffg cause I wasn't sure what I really needed. Earlier in my hunting career I used a TC renegade ,maxi balls ,and Pyrodex RS .This time around I was looking for a more traditional experience. So I bought a Lyman GPR 54 , Graff fffg real black powder, .530 balls, and .015" patches. So all this time I have been using Graff or Sheutzen powder because I couldn't get any Goex to try ( my understanding is Graff and Scheutzen are the same) . Anyway I just ordered my annual 10 pound supply for 2023 and am buying Graff because it is available at a very good price. I want to try some Swiss one day but the deer in West Tennessee are not going to know the difference.

I was able to buy an older can fffg Goex at a gun shop in South Arkansas a while back which I plan to test soon. As soon as it becomes readily available I am sure Goex will be part of my annual purchases. I am glad that the Wano powders are here and have supported the sport. Their products will always be part of my annual spend.

Well when I got back in to muzzle loading in 2017 I started with Graff fffg cause I wasn't sure what I really needed. Earlier in my hunting career I used a TC renegade ,maxi balls ,and Pyrodex RS .This time around I was looking for a more traditional experience. So I bought a Lyman GPR 54 , Graff fffg real black powder, .530 balls, and .015" patches. So all this time I have been using Graff or Sheutzen powder because I couldn't get any Goex to try ( my understanding is Graff and Scheutzen are the same) . Anyway I just ordered my annual 10 pound supply for 2023 and am buying Graff because it is available at a very good price. I want to try some Swiss one day but the deer in West Tennessee are not going to know the difference.

I was able to buy an older can fffg Goex at a gun shop in South Arkansas a while back which I plan to test soon. As soon as it becomes readily available I am sure Goex will be part of my annual purchases. I am glad that the Wano powders are here and have supported the sport. Their products will always be part of my annual spend.
Ten pounds a year!!?? Wow, that's impressive. I guess I need more range time.

I still have a few pounds of GOEX, but won a few pounds of Schutzen and need to try it in my girls l rifles. It works fine in my smoothbores.

I just ordered some of their house brand 3f. I’m looking forward to trying it out.

10lbs? I guess you shoot more than many on this board. I go through 50+lbs each year but then again, I am very active in competition, instruction and cartridge shooting.

I ordered several pounds of Graf black powder about a year & a half ago just before it became hard to get. Also managed to acquire a few pounds of Goex. I don't shoot as much as I once did and no longer hunt at all. I then expect the powder to last a good while.

Back