• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Goex is a go!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that you are a grown "man" that is supposed to be leading and influencing our youth and are still whining and crying about this is what bothers me.
The current owners of Goex, their board of directors, and their management,
have nothing to do with the former company denying your request.
If you approached then in the manner you have displayed yourself here, it is no wonder they denied you.

Aaannnd as they say"reading is fundamental" you have completely missed in your indignation my response of "wait and see".

Meanwhile, care to engage on the facts v rank hubris? The FACT is Goex/Hogdon refused to directly support youth black powder shooting sports. That FACT can be changed by new owners. In the middle of folks gushing over Goex is back, you also forget the FACT of their history of accidents some of which were fatal. Do you not care about the health and welfare of American workers or do you just want your 2lb if powder each year from a part of the American military/industrial complex? Be intellectually honest for once.

If these youth organizations need money for what ever, what is stopping them from organizing fund raisers like we did in Boy Scouts years ago for gear and helping some kids with camp money. Everybody got lazy I guess. Most companies will help but we got the most out of fund raisers.

Well said.

Aaannnd as they say"reading is fundamental" you have completely missed in your indignation my response of "wait and see".

Meanwhile, care to engage on the facts v rank hubris? The FACT is Goex/Hogdon refused to directly support youth black powder shooting sports. That FACT can be changed by new owners. In the middle of folks gushing over Goex is back, you also forget the FACT of their history of accidents some of which were fatal. Do you not care about the health and welfare of American workers or do you just want your 2lb if powder each year from a part of the American military/industrial complex? Be intellectually honest for once.

How come the 4H youth do not do fund raisers to fund there shooting? Let them work for it, versus you finding fault and whining.

Thus far no one has come out in support of you. No one is finding fault with Goex.

You are full of whine.

Thus far no one has come out in support of you. No one is finding fault with Goex.

You are full of whine.
Truth, sugar coated or straight, take your pick
Fact- Goex has a history of accidents
Fact- Americans were killed or maimed in those accidents
Fact- there has been more than one accident
Fact- Goex main customer is US gov/military
Fact- Goex as a company has a record of not directly supporting youth shooting sports.
Fact- There are other suppliers who do.

Care to dispute any of that? As for me being "the only one", not hardly, I'm the vocal guy who points out the emperor's lack of attire and doesn't care what the court jesters think. Diogenes and Socrates weren't popular either. Doesn't make them wrong or stupid.

Fact- Goex as a company has a record of not directly supporting youth shooting sports.

Care to dispute any of that? As for me being "the only one", not hardly, I'm the vocal guy who points out the emperor's lack of attire and doesn't care what the court jesters think. Diogenes and Socrates weren't popular either. Doesn't make them wrong or stupid.

You forgot one...
FACT- Goex is under new ownership and new management by an American company with a storied American history, with no known accident history record, no record of turning a cold shoulder to youth organizations, and no statement on record that they intend to operate under the same conditions, with the same equipment as Hodgdon did. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water, please.

Fact- Goex has a history of accidents--How many, document the number and dates
Fact- Americans were killed or maimed in those accidents, How many, document the number and the dates
Fact- there has been more than one accident, How many, document and the dates
Fact- Goex main customer is US gov/military, Document what they supply to the Govvt and the annual quantity
Fact- Goex as a company has a record of not directly supporting youth shooting sports. Document that they never have in their history and dates they did not.
Fact- There are other suppliers who do., Document who and how many have and the specific dates they dd so.

Care to dispute any of that? As for me being "the only one", not hardly,

Can you provide the requested information?

Be sure click to expand while you are attempting to answer the questions in response to your accusations.

If folks cannot afford to do something, they do not do it.

Why should a company subsidize kids because the kids cannot afford their a hobby?. Don't see 4H being a core subject to graduate high school, let the parents budget for it. Seems to be the right way to raise their kids.

So it seems you’ve moved on to insults and personal attacks on a large portion of this forum and the muzzleloading community, that should help your cause for sure, I certainly hope no one thinks you’re representative of the community as a whole.

I can agree with both sides here. To an extent supplies were plentiful when I lived in Upper western NJ the reason not many participate in either the hunting or shooting in general. A C/O during one season checking me out stated he does not see many guys like me doing the season anymore...that says a lot. We can only hope that Estes will pump out the bilge and get SS Goex upright again.

While some folks seem to enjoy arguing just for the sake of arguing (reminds me of the argument clinic skit on Monte Python) one thing to consider is that Estes built their company back in the day by catering almost exclusively to kids. Model rockets & such. So how about reserving judgement until the FACTS are known ? Just a thought..

While some folks seem to enjoy arguing just for the sake of arguing (reminds me of the argument clinic skit on Monte Python) one thing to consider is that Estes built their company back in the day by catering almost exclusively to kids. Model rockets & such. So how about reserving judgement until the FACTS are known ? Just a thought..
"to enjoy arguing for the sake of arguing" perhaps a covid variant of sorts.....LOL

1644442765397.png

So it seems you’ve moved on to insults and personal attacks on a large portion of this forum and the muzzleloading community, that should help your cause for sure, I certainly hope no one thinks you’re representative of the community as a whole.

Truth and facts are not insults. Those who do vociferously oppose what I've said can only say that I'm probably kicking puppies and stealing kids candy in my spare time but they can't say I'm wrong.

You can look up every one on you own.

Truth and facts are not insults. Those who do vociferously oppose what I've said can only say that I'm probably kicking puppies and stealing kids candy in my spare time but they can't say I'm wrong.

You can look up every one on you own.
Sir I don't know you and I'm not here to argue with anyone but here are some "truth and facts" you have apparently chosen to completely ignore. You are speaking about a company that no longer exists so whatever they did in the past is completely irrelevant. Estes is a different company run by entirely different people and you have ZERO inside knowlege of what their intentions are. So you're arguing just for the sake of arguing and bashing the new owners just to be a tool. That's a FACT Jack..

Last edited by a moderator:
And those who oppose donating to youth programs, be consistent and don't donate to anything. Don't "thumbs up" or "like" a thread where anyone posts what they're doing with kids. Running programs like that don't get done out of pocket. The masks come off when an appeal for help goes out. At no point have I personally attacked anyone on this issue. I pointed out history, facts, AND said "I'm in wait and see mode".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back