• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

ESTES official announcement GOEX

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely some very good news! I forgot that Estes is still around - I was launching their rockets back in the 1960s

When I was a Scout and 4-H shooting sports instructor I cringed every time I was asked to get donations for the Programs. The Business willing to donate was hit up dozens of times per year, to the point they would donate to main group once and not outside of that.

This seems to be good news for US black powder shooters. Anyone have a guess at how many of us there are? Thousends, tens of thousends? How large is our market really? Think membership in the NMLRA is ~30,000 as good a starting nummber.

They are not even in production yet, and they are already getting the shakedown for free powder.
How about paying your own expenses, and make an example for the kids of not being a freeloader?
I wish I had the opportunity to reply to that letter! 😉
I hate panhandlers.

Sounds like you were never in Boy Scouts, much less a Scout leader.
Scouting is not cheap, especially for the leaders. The parents get hit with all kinds of expenses for general activities, and leaders feel bad about asking for money for ammo and targets. So, we footed the bills ourselves. Or got supplies donated, with a sign to thank the donors. At Camp Strake, we had access to .22 rifles, but had to provide our own ammo. It was still cheap, back then. I had to pay for my NRA Rifle Instructor certification, take the classes on my time, and run the shooting program on weekends, again on my time. I am not complaining at all - this is what it took to help our Scouts learn marksmanship. And the Scouts loved it! The ASMs and helpful parents were here for the Scouts, not ourselves. I would do it again, if the chance arose, but after 17 years of Scout leadership, and after both sons Eagled, I retired from Scouting. My ASM shirt still hangs in the closet. I can't seem to pack it away.

Panhandlers? That's totally insulting to all Scout leaders that ever led a den, pack, or troop. We worked our butts off to provide a good program for the boys. What have you done?

Black powder? Boom dust? Super pepper?
I would think they might want to use the same name, to maintain product identity.
But, I guess trademark infringement might be an issue, unless they bought the name, too.
I should have elaborated more, I guess. They may keep the name, Goex, but they could call it by a different name. My understanding is the new owner distribution is not scheduled until 2023.

wrote a short message to Karl Kulling on their website, relieved and hopeful that we'll be seeing Goex again by next year.

This seems to be good news for US black powder shooters. Anyone have a guess at how many of us there are? Thousends, tens of thousends? How large is our market really? Think membership in the NMLRA is ~30,000 as good a starting nummber.

Wrong, NMLRA membership is right at 13,000.

At the Texas Muzzle Loading State Shoot we have less than 50 registered shooters, which is the big shoot of the year..

The ASMs and helpful parents were here for the Scouts, not ourselves. I would do it again, if the chance arose, but after 17 years of Scout leadership, and after both sons Eagled, I retired from Scouting. My ASM shirt still hangs in the closet. I can't seem to pack it away.

Panhandlers? That's totally insulting to all Scout leaders that ever led a den, pack, or troop. We worked our butts off to provide a good program for the boys. What have you done?

I was an ASM for about 10 years and still held merit badge classes even longer. My ASM uniform still fits and is in my closet complete with OA sash. Both my sons Eagled. It's only one evening per week... yeah about that. The money I spent out of pocket I consider an investment in helping to make kids into good citizens. Of all the kids we worked with, only one went off the rails. The rest are upstanding citizens- engineers, accountants, preachers, teachers, career military, city manager, contractors. To this day, I'll occasionally have some stranger call me by name and when they give me theirs the years melt away and I see the young man again. It's an indescribable feeling that curmudgeons like B P ARN will never know

Welcome to the ignore list B P ARN. You've proven you have nothing useful to add and are part of the source of problems with muzzleloading's decline.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back