• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I wonder when Estes is going to sell BP to the public??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nipple malfunction seems possible. I was using TRESCO (? is that it). Excellent one for BP and all my C&B revolvers have them. But maybe not good for 777. Based on your experience compression seems like a good theory as well. Thanks.

My memory is a bit fuzzy, but I seem to recall the Clements .50 conversions in ROAs was set up for 777 and it was supposed to be compressed. I could have that backward. (Too lazy to look it up at the moment). Anyway would dearly love to have a Clements .50.

Thanks again.
Tresos work for 777

From what I was told , those weird "bangBANG" fires are the charge going off in two separate phases and is not good at all

I'd say over compression

I have also used 777 in a Uberti Pocket Navy with CCI #10 caps and had some delayed ignition but I could clearly hear the pop-BAM of the cap and charge. That 777 I used was also very old.

Fresh 777 has not yet given me any issues in my cap and ballers.

Tresos work for 777

From what I was told , those weird "bangBANG" fires are the charge going off in two separate phases and is not good at all

I'd say over compression

I have also used 777 in a Uberti Pocket Navy with CCI #10 caps and had some delayed ignition but I could clearly hear the pop-BAM of the cap and charge. That 777 I used was also very old.

Dang. That is very interesting....two phase ignition. It sure seems to fit what I am hearing. Thanks for that!

Tresos work for 777

I'd say over compression

Noticed some ‘anomalies’ with ignition of 777 a while back when I tried it in C&B revolvers that essentially went away with Swiss. May have been loading pressure, don’t know. Wasn’t worth the effort for me to explore at the time. Have plenty of BP which doesn’t seem pressure sensitive. For some reason I didn’t see the variation with 777 in long guns, though experimentation was mostly with Federal 209 primers and various musket caps, probably not fair to compare with percussion caps used with the C&B revolvers.

Absolutely no idea what this has to do with Estes powder being available to the public, so I will call it way off the OP’s topic.

Back