• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

ESTES official announcement GOEX

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest everyone write a simple thank you note to the CEO for buying GOEX, and continuing to make black powder for shooting enthusiasts.

Karl Kulling
CEO
Estes Energetics
[email protected]
My response-

Karl-
I will only consider using a Goex product again if and when they start supporting youth black powder shooting like Schuetzen has. In the past when I attempted to get Goex on board, I got a cold shoulder. Between my competition shooting and working with youth, I go through about 50lbs a year. Each summer, I work with over 100 kids and yeah, they only hear about Schuetzen because Goex is AWOL. I welcome the opportunity to speak with you to correct the past behavior of Goex with youth shooting sports

Dave M.
NRA Muzzleloading Instructor
NMLRA member.
NMLRA Charter Club President
N-SSA competitor
Scouting Muzzleloading Instructor
BPCR competition shooter

My response-

Karl-
I will only consider using a Goex product again if and when they start supporting youth black powder shooting like Schuetzen has. In the past when I attempted to get Goex on board, I got a cold shoulder. Between my competition shooting and working with youth, I go through about 50lbs a year. Each summer, I work with over 100 kids and yeah, they only hear about Schuetzen because Goex is AWOL. I welcome the opportunity to speak with you to correct the past behavior of Goex with youth shooting sports

Dave M.
NMLRA member.
N-SSA competitor
BPCR competition shooter
I totally understand your support of companies that support youth shooting. My main reason for supporting Goex is to support American jobs and an American company. More importantly, if our politicians decide to outlaw the importation of ammo/black powder/components/firearms/etc., we are screwed without a domestic producer.

Great to hear this. Finally some GOOD news

Anthony

My option of late has not got any noise to it. More of a pop. Gotta work on my option more to get a bigger bang.😁

I suggest everyone write a simple thank you note to the CEO for buying GOEX, and continuing to make black powder for shooting enthusiasts.

Karl Kulling
CEO
Estes Energetics
[email protected]

BRILLIANT IDEA! 🥳
I bet the guy never got a swarm of thank you notes before, for making a business move!

LD

As pointed out, it's great that a U. S. company bought Goex, Minden will continue to receive it's tax money and some of the locals will keep their jobs.

@tom_in_vt
I agree with you there, as long as it allows people to go back to work, regardless of who it supports is always a good thing!

MINDEN, La., Jan. 31, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Estes Energetics (https://estesenergetics.com/) is pleased to announce the acquisition of GOEX from Hodgdon Powder Company. This last remaining commercial scale black powder factory in the United States produces GOEX and Olde Eynsford brands of black powder, which are highly regarded by competitive and recreational shooters, re-enactors, and muzzleloading hunters, as well as fireworks manufacturers. GOEX black powder also propels the model rocket motors of sister company Estes Industries, the leading model rocket brand, and supports the needs of the U.S. Military.

The acquisition of GOEX was completed in January 2022. "We are extremely excited to extend the relationship with our loyal customers as we ramp up production to satisfy pent up demand later this year," said Karl Kulling, CEO of Estes Energetics.

GOEX traces its roots back to 1802, when DuPont began producing black powder in Delaware. DuPont's Belin plant in Pennsylvania became part of GOEX in the early 1970s. In 1997, the operations of GOEX were moved to Minden, Louisiana. Estes Energetics plans to continue this legacy of high-quality American made black powder, bringing innovation and full-spectrum engineering capability to fortify safety and quality.

About Estes Energetics
Estes Energetics is a defense and industrial company founded in 2021 that researches, designs, engineers, manufactures, tests, and integrates solid-propellant rocket motors, energetics and associated technologies for government and commercial customers. It combines practical propulsion solutions with advanced aerospace research and development. Estes Energetics has engineering, manufacturing, and test facilities in Penrose, Colorado near Colorado Springs. To learn more about Estes Energetics, please visit https://estesenergetics.com/

About GOEX Industries
GOEX Industries manufactures high quality black powder that is used for sporting and fireworks applications and is a vital component for industrial and military applications. GOEX has been producing American made black powder for more than 200 years and is the only U.S. manufacturer of black powder. To learn more about GOEX Industries please visit https://goexpowder.com/

Karl Kulling
CEO
Estes Energetics
[email protected]
719-372-6565 x270

My response-

Karl-

Dave M.
NMLRA member.
N-SSA competitor
BPCR competition shooter

They are not even in production yet, and they are already getting the shakedown for free powder.

How about paying your own expenses, and make an example for the kids of not being a freeloader?

I wish I had the opportunity to reply to that letter! 😉

I hate panhandlers.

I'm not sure where that email addy originated from for the CEO, but if that is his personal email addy, he may rather appreciate receiving business email at his place of work. I sent my thank you, addressed to Mr. Kulling, but I used their online contact form instead. To each their own on how to say thanks... just saying this is an option too.

https://estesenergetics.com/contact/

They are not even in production yet, and they are already getting the shakedown for free powder.

How about paying your own expenses, and make an example for the kids of not being a freeloader?

I wish I had the opportunity to reply to that letter! 😉

I hate panhandlers.
Hey, did you see his note? Over 50 pounds a year. My group does about 30 and 5,000 roundball a year. Done it for 12 years. Freeloaders? How about the parents who expect to go shooting for free. By the way, we go through over 10,000 rounds of 22lr and 3,000 of 20 gauge a year. Do the math. Freeloader? You do this or just talk? Where does all this come from? The instructors pocket because they believe in their program. How about not expecting something fro free?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back