• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Globe sight PC?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badgreek

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Is a Globe sight PC? I would like to install a globe front sight on my GPR. Would this be PC for a Rendevous shoot?

It would depend on the rules of the Rendezvous but generally speaking both sights usually have to be open and unshrouded so that would rule out a Globe style front sight.

Rendezvous are usually time limited to about 1840 and the general public (including trappers) didn't use "target sights" of any kind.
In fact, their sights were usually simple non adjustable iron sights.

Is a Globe sight PC? I would like to install a globe front sight on my GPR. Would this be PC for a Rendevous shoot?

Period Correct (PC) to what period? Your GPR being an effort to fit into the period of the percussion plains rifle period could fit in anywhere from about 1835 to 1900, given that those rifles could have been in use during that period. And, a globe front sight could have been installed on a plains rifle during that period.

But, like Zonie refered to, if you are trying to re-enact a certain period such as the rocky mountain fur trade, it probably won't fly.

It would be unlikley to find a hooded sight at an original 'Vous and the modern ones try to tay in the same venue so to speak, this type was used on ML's of a later period most likley on target guns this would be in the time that the cartridge gun and ML guns overlaped or possibly on an earlier ML Buff gun, a ot of the stuff used on cartridge guns was used on ML's even though they were fading out in their useage as the new type guns found favour, when choosing accessories just consider whether it would have been something likjley done or used or just a fact that an item was around at the same time as ML's were still being used, it is sometimes a task to put preference aside for reality.

Back