• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gidday From New Zealand

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there I am Cutfinger from New Zealand , I got that name because I always seem to be cutting myself when sharpening my knives . I have been shooting muzzle loaders for about 40 years , I currently shoot 3 flintlock rifles , a .40 J P beck style rifle built by Narragansett Arms Co , a .50 Isaac Haines style rifle built here in NZ by Earl Wyatt , and a .54 J Henry English trade rifle cut down for use off a horse , also made by Earl , I also shoot 2 smooth bore flinters a 20ga Wilson chiefs grade Trade gun made by Caywoods , and a 1777 .69 Charlieville Musket by Pedersoli , also a . 20 ga Matchlock made by Jurgen Krakel and lastly a 1705 .50 Wheel lock rifle made by a friend . No caplocks . Thanks for having me
Dear Cuttfinger Ime in Nelson I know Earl he bought a rifle of my make & drew inspiration for the Wheellock he made I was hunting w mine in the Uraweras so had it for the 6 cross camp that year that would be about 1988 odd . Scorning cap locks eh never catch on ? ime more into the English Lock & Snaphances these days used an old two grouve of 24 bore old brl knocked up with one of Tony Hawkins reject stocks we likley met but ime not Federation these days . last Kopara shoot I shot snap Matchlock of 40 cal under MLAIC rules 93 or 83 good card anyway hunted the Uraweras with a snap ml after the Rotarua shoot just after Ebola ripped the bush up 54 cal rifled didnt get a donkey roaring our heads off but no clear mark . Jarrad rings a bell ?.
Cheers Rudyard

Back