• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Old shooter, New to Black Powder New Zealand

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthPaw

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hi all

Coming from long range target shooting and high country hunting. Enjoying cartridge reloading for a while and have now started a collection of cap & ball reproduction pistols. 1851 Navy and 1847 Walker so far. Firearms licence and endorsement needed here but not too arduous. I’d be interested in a kit muzzle loading rifle (jeweller and gunsmith by trade) so I can be the first to bag a wallaby with black powder since 1897 here in NZ!

Cheers

Hi all

Coming from long range target shooting and high country hunting. Enjoying cartridge reloading for a while and have now started a collection of cap & ball reproduction pistols. 1851 Navy and 1847 Walker so far. Firearms licence and endorsement needed here but not too arduous. I’d be interested in a kit muzzle loading rifle (jeweller and gunsmith by trade) so I can be the first to bag a wallaby with black powder since 1897 here in NZ!

Cheers
Welcome from East Texas.

Welcome from Arkansas, USA. My son and his family lived in NZ for a while and loved the country and the people. I hear you have great hunting there. I can only dream about it.
Thanks, it’s a paradise in theory……although everywhere has its problems. But at least we are thousands of miles from everybody else’s!

Latest posts

Back