• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Getting back into the hobby, maybe a stupid question.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pa requires a 44cal or larger for deer and a pistol must have a 12inch barrel after the breechplug is turned in. I can't find this in the regs but was told it by a builder. It also has to be 50 cal or larger. If I am wrong on the length thing I take correction well.

Pa requires a 44cal or larger for deer and a pistol must have a 12inch barrel after the breechplug is turned in. I can't find this in the regs but was told it by a builder. It also has to be 50 cal or larger. If I am wrong on the length thing I take correction well.
That sorta limits you to a Pedersoli Bounty in .50 with its 16A" barrel...

WAIT have we hijacked this thread ? 😯

LD

EXACTLY.... 60 grains of 2Fg is a bit "light" if one is using a 1 ounce ball in a Bess, and a bit stout when one is using a 90 grain .390 in a .40 .
They also require 40 grains and a 6" barrel if one uses a handgun, so only one or two revolvers will hold that much and have the long enough barrel, limiting the folks to single shot handguns.

LD
Pretty crazy. The last deer I shot was killed with an 1860 army. I probably had it loaded with 35gr. 30 yard shot to the neck and the deed was done.

Latest posts

Back