• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

From The First State @ Chooches Bridge

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete 45

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Howdy All and Thanks for having me join you. I reside in the State of Delaware just above the historic site of "Chooches Bridge" (The Battle of, during the Revolutionary War), along with my wife of nearly 50 years and our six rescued kitties.

I am an Air Force veteran (1961 - 1966)and have been interested in firearms of all varities all my life. Before I could own a firearm I handcrafter bows, arrows, tommahawks, knives and alike. My wife and I have been involved in archery as well as the clay target sports. While in the military I became interested in long range shooting as well and "Combat Pistol" shooting.

As far back as I can remember I always wanted to "try" black powder firearms, especially the late 1800 Colt Navy revolvers... but never took the opportunity. Now I want to purchase a .36 caliber Navy revolver and see what it is all about.

That about sums up my reason for joining your group at this time. If I may ever be of assistance to anyone here please do not hesitate in contacting me.

Upon seperation from the Air Force I was employed at Colt Firearm's, Hartford, Connecticut... in that building off I-91 with the Blue Roof and the Gold Horse.

Thanks and Good Shooting

Pete

Pete,

Welcome to the Forum! Lots of good information here and folks who like to help, so ask any questions you have.

Also, check out the various sub-forums dealing with non-firearm topics. Your knowledge of bows, etc. would be a great addition.

Enjoy your stay.

Jeff

Welcome to the Forum fellow Vet!

Sounds like you have a good deal of knowledge to share and I believe this Forum can help you with any questions you may have.

Enjoy your time here!

Suz

Hi Pete, welcome! You have a very interesting background, one I would like to learn from.

how do Pete, Choochs huh, knew a fella when I was a kid owned one a the farms right there. He worked for the state n drove one of those big yella trucks.If I remember right his name was Bill lolyd, spelling my be wrong, he'd be about 90 now if he's still kicken hehehe
. I work for Amtrak over in Bear n grew up north a wilmington so I know yer area pretty good. Welcome to the forum, its a great place n remember the only dumb question is one ya don't ask cause ya walk away still not knowing the answer
:haha:

Back