• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Texas!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Jim, and I’m excited to be joining the great folks on this forum. I hail from north Texas, and have been involved in muzzleloading for about 50 years. My first muzzleloader was a Belgian-made 1860 Colt replica revolver, bought mail order for $59.95, and I still shoot it. Over the years, I‘ve acquired (and fired) a variety of great firearms, mostly muzzleloaders and a few cartridge, but all of them had one thing in common - they all burned charcoal!

I try to stay active at ranges in the Dallas - Fort Worth area, and have In the past enjoyed hunting turkey, feral hogs and an occasional Javelina down in the hill country and east Texas. When the weather turns a bit too warm to venture out it gives me a great reason to hit the shop and indulge in my second love of rifle repair and restoration.

I am looking forward to learning from the great resources on this site and hopefully I can make a valuable contribution or two.

Jim

Howdy and Welcome from The Woodlands, down near Houston.
You sound like a good source of info, so be sure to contribute with your experience in the various threads here. :thumb:
Also, we're going to need to see photos of your guns and where you shoot them, or it didn't happen!

Beware of the political threads - folks go for the juggler (theirs lots of misspelling here, too! 🤪 ).

:ghostly:

Many thanks to all who have been so kind to welcome me. On the front stuffer side, I have a thing for underhammers. Not the prettiest muzzleloAdler, and not everyone’s cup of tea, but I like the fast reliable ignition and simplicity. A picture of two are attached. One is a Pecatonica action with a .40 cal Green Mountain barrel, the other a derelict Numrich action I built up in .45. i am also a Sharps fan, and will post pics down the road of a few I’ve done. Second pic is an 1866 Springfield in 50-70 that had It’s stock destroyed and the new stock I fitted...fun gun to shoot. i don’t shoot as much as I used to, but when I do it’s either at Elm Fork or Gibsons when I’m working at 100 yards. Anyway, hope you enjoy the pics, and glad to be here!

Attachments

• IMG_4655.jpeg
    IMG_4655.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4641.jpeg
    IMG_4641.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4640.jpeg
    IMG_4640.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2233.jpeg
    IMG_2233.jpeg