• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New from Arkansas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oubaas

32 Cal
Reaction score
Greetings, new guy from Arkansas. My wife texted me from the hospital last night, she's one of those medical types, and told me that she had ordered a couple of books for me.

She got me, "The Art of Building the Pennsylvania Longrifle" by Dixon, et al, and, "The Gunsmith of Grenville County" by Alexander.

I had asked her if she'd like to get into shooting muzzleloaders with me. I reckon the answer must be affirmative. I've been lurking here for a while, reading and learning. With that notification from my wife, I figured it was time to join up.

Roger that, @zerosprk! When I have something to show for my studies, I will post pictures.

I've been an auto body tech, a mechanic, a machinist and tool and die maker, a chemist, and an analyst. And most of my hobbies are pretty much about tools and making things.

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all that adds up to doing an adequate job the first time out of the chute. I figure that at least I know which end of a hammer to hit things with. :thumb:

I'll probably mostly hunt whitetails and possibly black bear with it, so I'm trying to decide between .54 and .58. I'm a good marksman and know where to aim, so I'm tempted by the .54.

My first build, I'd like to try to do a parts build, choosing each item piece by piece. I want to build a Golden Era Pennsylvania flintlock. I might try my hand at making my own stock, but all this will become clearer to me as I study. I want to be fully prepared before I pick up a tool.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome, folks! By the way, @RanchRoper, I've got cousins in Taber. I've never been there, never met them in person, but I have corresponded with them. So I have a bit of an Alberta connection.

Greetings, new guy from Arkansas. My wife texted me from the hospital last night, she's one of those medical types, and told me that she had ordered a couple of books for me.

She got me, "The Art of Building the Pennsylvania Longrifle" by Dixon, et al, and, "The Gunsmith of Grenville County" by Alexander.

I had asked her if she'd like to get into shooting muzzleloaders with me. I reckon the answer must be affirmative. I've been lurking here for a while, reading and learning. With that notification from my wife, I figured it was time to join up.
Where abouts in W. Arkansas are you located. Muskogee,OK isn't too far away.

Back