• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New guy from Arizona

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, as recommended, I'm starting my introduction.

As a five year old kid, when Last of the Mahicans came out, I was instantly, and inexplicably obsessed with everything about the film. It remained my first and foremost obsession until Saving Private Ryan came out. At that point, I became a passionate WWII student. Finally, this summer, I for the first time visited my wife's childhood home of Lake George, New York. The two week vacation included tours of Fort William Henry, Fort Ticonderoga, and trips to Salem, Lexington, Concord, and Boston Harbor.

This being my first trip to New England, I came home with a completely unexpected immersion and reawakening in my obsession for Colonial American history. My wife and I have been together for 15 years and I'm truly sorry we hadn't made it to her roots sooner. Along with much study, many new books for my library, I've done some genealogical research and learned for the first time, my sixth-great-grandfather, William Davies of Kentucky was a veteran of the American Revolution.

Along with all of this came a desire to get into muzzle loaders. In the last few weeks, I've already completed a Kibler Colonial rifle kit. I enjoyed the process so much, but found it so quickly finished, I've now ordered a Chambers Pennsylvania Fowler kit. I haven't received it yet but am looking forward to receiving it and the journey of completing it.

That maybe a long introduction, but there you have it. Looking forward to being an active member here.

Another Texas welcome. Love your story! We all got here some way. I think very many thru movies, and I know that many of us have that inspiration from our own family histories.

Latest posts

Back