• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Frizzen roller bearing

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm in need of a frizzen roller bearing for an early "Turner Kirkland lock, I tried Dixie gun works but they don't have any.
If anyone knows of a alternative place to find one it would be appreciated.

You might also try the Log Cabin Shop.
Couldn't get hold of TOW so I took your advice, very nice folks there at the Log Cabin Shop. Talked to one of their gunsmiths he said he would have to dig around in some bins and he would call back.
Took about 15 minutes they had two different sizes so I bought one of each. I gave him the measurements and he was pretty sure one of them would work even though they are from Davis locks, he said the chances of finding an original for a Turner Kirkland of that age would be near impossible.

This rifle to the best I've researched was made in 1956, the first run of Kirkland's .40s. I don't think this gun has ever been fired there are no marks on the frizzen at all. It simply sat around until the roller seized up and someone kept cocking it until there was a flat spot on the roller.

.45 Turner Kirkland made in Belgium
20220209_071455_resized.jpg

Attachments

• 20220209_071558.jpg
    20220209_071558.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 31
The only problem I have with the Log Cabin is every time I go there I leave broke, and have even went home for more money!

From the mid 70's onward, I made a point to detour there on my way to the Nationals at Camp Perry. I always took JUST the money I could afford to spend in the shop (which was not much in those days) and once I spent it, I had to leave. A couple of years at the Nationals, though, I sold something I didn't need so I would stop AGAIN at their shop on my way back to Va. :D

Gus

Latest posts

Back