• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Found some powder…kind of expensive!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think I saw on Buffalo Arms website that GOEX was no longer available. I wonder if they stopped producing it or did they go under?
Goex is history for at least 12 months ...more likely 20-24 months. The brand was sold, Estes Rocketry bought the brand. It will cost millions to get production going again and that's for a product with less & less demand.
I'm sure they will produce rocketry powder first, then maybe GoeX.
Don't expect to find any new Goex on the shelves anytime soon.

Caveat Emptor! Jury still out on Buffalo, ordered 2 weeks ago and price ok but shipping/HAZMAT was like $63! Non other available at the time and ordered. No word on shipping. Called last week and they said they could only ship out so much a week and mine would go out end of last week. So far no notice of anything shipped! Will give it this week and cancel if not shipped. I wonder if some are taking orders hoping to get some in next several weeks? Tried with Travelers but they wanted a copy of my drivers license, both sides, sent to them over email! Sorry no can do as that is open invitation to identity theft and other things? Time will tell if these places knowing GOEX will be down for close to a year are going to scam while they can and gouge the BP shooter. Stay away from gun shows as they are usually a rip off and without sealed cans, you never know what you are getting! Too ,any in this day and time trying to scam unsuspecting buyers eager to get something they have been short on for a while. Funny how so many dealers opened up their powder availability 2 weeks ago when Estes announced they would again be making shooting grade black powder but it would not happen for approximately a year! Was this just a coincidence or not?

Caveat Emptor! Jury still out on Buffalo, ordered 2 weeks ago and price ok but shipping/HAZMAT was like $63! Non other available at the time and ordered. No word on shipping. Called last week and they said they could only ship out so much a week and mine would go out end of last week. So far no notice of anything shipped! Will give it this week and cancel if not shipped. I wonder if some are taking orders hoping to get some in next several weeks? Tried with Travelers but they wanted a copy of my drivers license, both sides, sent to them over email! Sorry no can do as that is open invitation to identity theft and other things? Time will tell if these places knowing GOEX will be down for close to a year are going to scam while they can and gouge the BP shooter. Stay away from gun shows as they are usually a rip off and without sealed cans, you never know what you are getting! Too ,any in this day and time trying to scam unsuspecting buyers eager to get something they have been short on for a while. Funny how so many dealers opened up their powder availability 2 weeks ago when Estes announced they would again be making shooting grade black powder but it would not happen for approximately a year! Was this just a coincidence or not?
Cancelling BACO would be your 1st mistake , your 2nd is not dealing with Travelers !@ I deal with both 25 LBS at a time ! They both are reliable/trustworthy /been in business forever (their rules //costs) and don't like it ? How do you like your fence post ? Without them that's what you got for shooting!/Ed

Buffalo Arms has Schuetzen FFF for $21.10 + shipping. I remember when Goex FFF was selling @ $5.00 lb.
I don’t know why people make idiotic comments like this. I remember when gas was $.17 a gallon. What does this have to do with what is going on now. The price of power has been around $20/ pound for quite some time

Place an order with Back Creek for 5lbs of powder, 1000 musket caps and/or 250 RWS1075's and pay reasonable shipping cost with no extra for hazmat. Or better yet, buy 10lbs powder. Then your set for awhile - depending on your shooting frequency. They have everything you need in stock and are great people to deal with!
I didn't know they did shipping. I thought you had to go and pick it up.

I don’t know why people make idiotic comments like this. I remember when gas was $.17 a gallon.
Maybe this will help you figure it out… I know it has helped me over the years.

Some people make idiotic comments all the time. That’s just the nature of the beast when you live in a society where free speech is allowed. When you consider the idea of free speech more closely, you will find that the whole institution of being allowed to speak freely actually encourages people to make idiotic or stupid comments even when they themselves may not realize their comments may sound idiotic or stupid. I think it has also been referred to as “speaking your mind“? We are all different, we all have different sized minds and in the end, we all have to sort through the idiotic, stupid and meaningless comments in order to enjoy the institution, freedom of speech.

I don’t know why people make idiotic comments like this. I remember when gas was $.17 a gallon. What does this have to do with what is going on now. The price of power has been around $20/ pound for quite some time
Actually I thinks it's unusual, refrained from using your word "idiotic", that someone would get upset with a friend on the forum making a comment that reminisces of the "good ol' days". How in the world does that upset anyone. I would like to know the answer unless you are just upset at everyone and everything all the time. Then the answer would be quite uninteresting.

Gents I try to keep on top of the shipments reaching powder houses. I post it in General Muzzleloading, the same place where this thread is. Just BOLO. I am not always buying it myself, but I check the sites about once a week. It's been almost two weeks since I posted about Buffalo Arms and Powder Valley, and I have already received a small shipment of powder myself. The product is shipping, but you have to BOLO for the folks willing to tell you and not try to keep it all to themselves.

Well I didn't want to get involved in this but I am. I don't think it's an idiotic comment. More so, I believe it's a comparison between times when we lived in a stable economy vs. unstable. Prices would rise then but slowly. Sometimes years to go up a few cents in cost. Nowadays prices can increase dramatically overnight. Too often, people just accept the way things are instead of striving to return to a more sensible way of living i.e. a more stable economy. Yes, things are the way they are, that doesn't mean they have to be, and just because things keep getting worse doesn't mean they can't get better.

Back