• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Found some powder…kind of expensive!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’ve been calling around local gun shops recently, about every 2 weeks or so. And today…BINGO!!! A shop about 20 minutes away just got some in. But they are charging $42 per can. It’s Shuetzen FFF. I’m headed up tomorrow after work to get some. This is the highest I’ve ever paid for BP, but kinda have to get it.

I’ve been calling around local gun shops recently, about every 2 weeks or so. And today…BINGO!!! A shop about 20 minutes away just got some in. But they are charging $42 per can. It’s Shuetzen FFF. I’m headed up tomorrow after work to get some. This is the highest I’ve ever paid for BP, but kinda have to get it.
Kinda stinks but what can we do?

How much is Back Creek's shipping and hazmat?
Hazmat is Hazmat. Shipping - same. If you buy more than one pound at the time, like a case, it's not that bad. The advantage of a case is you have quite a bit of the same production lot and that eliminates a variable in loads.

Private gun shop probably not getting a great deal on the powder on his end. So 100% retail mark-up =$42. Supply and demand.

Private gun shop probably not getting a great deal on the powder on his end. So 100% retail mark-up =$42. Supply and demand.

If you are referring to Back Creek he is the 4th. largest powder distributor in the US. Ships multiple times per week, sells fireworks powder and blasting powder for the quarries around here. $20/lb. Schuetzen.

If you are referring to Back Creek he is the 4th. largest powder distributor in the US. Ships multiple times per week, sells fireworks powder and blasting powder for the quarries around here. $20/lb. Schuetzen.
I am referring to the shop the OP was talking about.

I'd start loading with blue matchheads before I'd pay $50 a lb for powder! If one doesn't have the scratch how does one even pay that much?

If you order a dozen from Graf and sons your looking at $26.33 per pound after paying 23.50 hazard and 12.95 shipping on 3F Schuetzen or a little cheaper buying the Graf and Sons brand that is also made by Schuetzen for them.

If you order a dozen from Graf and sons your looking at $26.33 per pound after paying 23.50 hazard and 12.95 shipping on 3F Schuetzen or a little cheaper buying the Graf and Sons brand that is also made by Schuetzen for them.
Exactly 👍, shop smart fill the powder magazine up and don't worry for a few years at a time 😉. Yesterday you could buy 20 lbs for 500 bucs delivered, I can live with that.
Screenshot_20220209-204303_Chrome.jpg

Thank you very much letting us know that Powder Valley had BP in stock. I have not been able to find any in my area. Just ordered some.

Back