• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Forced Eggs

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THANKS!!!!! :bow: WHen I carried mine I just threw them into a GAL. Size ziplock and put them in the cooler (well hidden cooler!) until ready to eat, then warmed them in a sheet steel skillet. I love them with mustard! Spicy mustard especially!!

With as much interest as has been shown in this great all-n-one meal, I think they make a good candidate for the Recipe section of this forum...

This is my appeal to the masses. What say ye'?

FSCGunslinger said:
With as much interest as has been shown in this great all-n-one meal, I think they make a good candidate for the Recipe section of this forum...

This is my appeal to the masses. What say ye'?

Since I started this mess, I say post it! I've learned at least 5 things from this thread! :thumbsup:

Not to dredge up an old post (with a recipe, mind you, that has been posted in the Recipies section), but I was talking to one of my battle buddies today and describing these scotch eggs to him and he made an intersting suggestion.

He doesn't like eggs much, let alone hard boiled ones, so he said, "Why couldn't you replace the egg with a pealed and cut down a potato?" Now, being the experimental chef that I am, thought that this sounded like a delicious idea! I figured an unpealed red potato might do a little better, though. It's smaller size would allow for the sausage to wrap it easier, and it could keep the peal (since it has all the nutrients).

My question is this, though. Obviously if fried, the potato wouldn't have enough time to cook, would it? How about if it was baked (using the alternate cooking method)? I guess the final option would be to cook the potato before wrapping it with the cheese and sausage.

I personally thought this sounded like a pretty good "meat and potatoes" meal alternate to the regular recipe. Anyone else have an opinion?

Gunslinger I don't know if this qualifies as an opinion but I sure as heck am gonna try it with taters. Sounds excelent to me and should fill ya up pretty quick to. Maybe dust the spud down with a little cayne pepper to spice it up a bit. The possabilities are endless. Dang but I'm getten hungery just thinking about it. YMHS Birdman

FSCGunslinger said:
My question is this, though. Obviously if fried, the potato wouldn't have enough time to cook, would it? How about if it was baked (using the alternate cooking method)? I guess the final option would be to cook the potato before wrapping it with the cheese and sausage.

I think I would boil it and cool it before covering if I were to try potatoes.

I don't suppose any of you motivated people out there would care to help me figure out the "% daily value" nutritional value of 1 of these would be, would ya'? I'm not sure how to include the oil you fry it in, though, in the calculations.

Latest posts

Back