• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thoughts on SPAM "meat"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is silly is and worse, non-scientific, is making claims that are not even supported by one's own sources.

Discussing exact data (or as close as we can come) is necessary or we get nowhere.

OK, that is all I'm going to write here in this thread on the side topic, as we have strayed way too far from the topic.

We really should move this discussion to another forum to continue.

Meanwhile, I will continue to occasionally eat and enjoy SPAM.

Gus

What is silly is and worse, non-scientific, is making claims that are not even supported by one's own sources.
Maybe you should read the information again...what I said is the climate has warmed, humans are a significant factor and the scientific facts support this. And yet, this seems to be unclear...?

That is a change from what you posted earlier, just to be factual.

Gus
Nothing has changed from anything I posted earlier. That said, I'm not responsible for how others misunderstand what I post - that's on them, not me.

I am a Conservationalist, so I don't want serious amounts of man made poisons introduced into the air, land or water.
Gus

Well, Carbon dioxide from fossil fuels certainly fits that bill. It's introduction into the atmosphere and water is man made. and it is poisonous.

Welcome aboard!. :thumb:

Well, Carbon dioxide from fossil fuels certainly fits that bill. It's introduction into the atmosphere and water is man made. and it is poisonous.

Welcome aboard!. :thumb:
Animals, plants, cars, humans, volcanos and any number of other natural & manufactured things create CO2. Just some create more than others...

No matter what side of the augment you are on here is what I wonder, peace in the Middle East, crime and gangs in the inner city's, drugs, the Dems or Reps working together, hell they can't even tell me if its going to rain or sunshine for sure next week. And we think MAN is going to make policy and change the climate, I have a hard time with that. Just my 3 cents worth. Oh, and I still don't eat spam.

Maybe that's true but the problem is the whole world has to work on it, not just USA.
I agree.
Yet the US just withdrew from an international accord that many other industrialized nations also signed to address exactly this issue.
Was this accord perfect? No.
Was it a step in the correct direction? Yes.

Last edited:
That's true but we were paying most of the bill and doing most of the work. I think most of the burden was on us. And what is China doing to help?
The USA should foot the bill for the USA to address the problems here in the USA. As a major economic player, the USA has interests and companies in many other countries that are also the responsibility of the USA.

The USA should foot the bill for the USA to address the problems here in the USA. As a major economic player, the USA has interests and companies in many other countries that are also the responsibility of the USA.
Just because someone else doesn't want to help in no way absolves the USA of its responsibilities. Should someone refuse to to the right thing because someone else won't? According to the current administration - yes. This is childish and stupid. This is the equivalent of saying "I won't help put out the fire on the property next door because it isn't MY problem...."

While the introduction of CO2 into water containing a flavored sugar syrup yields a delightful refreshing beverage - Coca Cola...
The issue isn't that CO2 is present, rather the amount and where it is found that may or may not be problematic.

My grandson will fry a whole can of spam and eat it all right now. Spam means spiced ham. It is OK if you are starving but bacon is king.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back