• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thoughts on SPAM "meat"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...WORSE by the climate change folks themselves being against Nuclear and some other technologies.
Source?
I've seen lately where people are finding that wind turbines are bad for the environment.

There are uninformed people with whacko opinions everywhere including the climate change camp. You can't just cherry-pick the data and accept what you agree with and dismiss the rest. The entire body of facts needs to be examined, which gets us to conclusions that are evidence-driven rather than opinion-driven....

FACT vs. OPINION - opinions are loudly voiced and carry very little weight, while facts carry ALL the weight.

Division level planning and Pentagon level planning are on very different levels. Divisional officers take orders, not tell the people over them which way the wind blows.

Marine Forces Command and Joint Task Force Commands do the realistic huge scale planning. There has been and continues to be all kinds of garbage that comes out of the Pentagon and other Civilian Agencies.

Further, many of the increases mentioned by the sources quoting Pentagon Sources are the worst case scenario's possible, but don't take into account what it would take for such things to actually happen. Yes, a 2 or 3 degree change in the World's temperatures would be a huge problem for humanity. But and that's a GIGANTIC "BUT," they never seem to mention what it would take for that to happen.

Again, if the climate change folks are right, we are doomed by China and India, no matter what we do.

Gus

Source?
I've seen lately where people are finding that wind turbines are bad for the environment.

There are uninformed people with whacko opinions everywhere including the climate change camp. You can't just cherry-pick the data and accept what you agree with and dismiss the rest. The entire body of facts needs to be examined, which gets us to conclusions that are evidence-driven rather than opinion-driven....

FACT vs. OPINION - opinions are loudly voiced and carry very little weight, while facts carry ALL the weight.

Gee, whiz, you mean wind turbines are not the answer to most our energy problems? Sorry, I'm being specious, and yes that information has been around for at least two decades, but buried by most Climate Change folks. The problems with large fields of Solar Panels have likewise been mostly ignored.

How about the Light Bulbs they want us all to change over to? Gee, they never seem to mention the special Haz Mat conditions those bulbs should be required for safe disposal, but the public doesn't know about or doesn't care about.

The idiots here in the Richmond area want us to thoroughly wash out refuse Soda and Beer cans with POTABLE Water. That is unbelievable they want to waste a resource that costs so much on something that is not required.

Gus

It doesn't matter, we all are going to be dead in 12 years anyway.
We should have been dead in 2012 if you believe the Mayan calendar doomsday proponents. In every generation, there is a collection of nutters that espouse the world is coming to an end for some reason or another. I have no reason to believe anything they say is true. Yes, the world as we know it will come to an end when our sun runs out of fuel (just like any other star) in a few BILLION years - that isn't to say humans will still be around when it happens....

Artificer said:
Yes, a 2 or 3 degree change in the World's temperatures would be a huge problem for humanity. But and that's a GIGANTIC "BUT," they never seem to mention what it would take for that to happen.

Really? Not by your source....

" The global average surface temperature rose 0.6 to 0.9 degrees Celsius (1.1 to 1.6° F) between 1906 and 2005, and the rate of temperature increase has nearly doubled in the last 50 years. Temperatures are certain to go up further."

Gus

Gee, whiz, you mean wind turbines are not the answer to most our energy problems? Sorry, I'm being specious, and yes that information has been around for at least two decades, but buried by most Climate Change folks. The problems with large fields of Solar Panels have likewise been mostly ignored.

How about the Light Bulbs they want us all to change over to? Gee, they never seem to mention the special Haz Mat conditions those bulbs should be required for safe disposal, but the public doesn't know about or doesn't care about.

The idiots here in the Richmond area want us to thoroughly wash out refuse Soda and Beer cans with POTABLE Water. That is unbelievable they want to waste a resource that costs so much on something that is not required.

Gus
The information is out there and please don't claim there is a conspiracy to suppress the information. But the fact that what you mention are POLITICAL agendas is problematic - the public doesn't care about the facts and doesn't want to think about he facts, they just go along with the flow as long as it doesn't interfere with their Reality TV programs or the cell phones. The problem is IGNORANCE - the USA (and other counties) is staggeringly and mind-blowingly IGNORANT of science...

Marine Forces Command and Joint Task Force Commands do the realistic huge scale planning. There has been and continues to be all kinds of garbage that comes out of the Pentagon and other Civilian Agencies.

Further, many of the increases mentioned by the sources quoting Pentagon Sources are the worst case scenario's possible, but don't take into account what it would take for such things to actually happen. Yes, a 2 or 3 degree change in the World's temperatures would be a huge problem for humanity. But and that's a GIGANTIC "BUT," they never seem to mention what it would take for that to happen.

Again, if the climate change folks are right, we are doomed by China and India, no matter what we do.

Gus

Statistics analysis of data can be used to look at long term trends or patterns versus short term fluctuations. I'll give an example that is easy to understand. Someone walks out of a bar after drinking and may be drunk. They know where they want to go and have a path they intend to take. The booze affects them enough that they can't walk a straight line and wobble back and forth. The wobbling can go right and left (think temps going from hot to cold), and if the wobble is strong enough, the body/brain tries to overcompensate by moving the other way. An overcompensated wobble can cause a fall.

Back to climate change. Apply the wobble idea, and how much of a movement or shift, regardless of how short the actual movement is one way or another, for a full fledged crash with large consequences.

Artificer said:
Yes, a 2 or 3 degree change in the World's temperatures would be a huge problem for humanity. But and that's a GIGANTIC "BUT," they never seem to mention what it would take for that to happen.

Really? Not by your source....

" The global average surface temperature rose 0.6 to 0.9 degrees Celsius (1.1 to 1.6° F) between 1906 and 2005, and the rate of temperature increase has nearly doubled in the last 50 years. Temperatures are certain to go up further."

Gus
Ok - so 1.6F isn't 2F...and you have missed the point but posted information that supports my position, all in the same sentence.
Big deal - it is happening, will continue to happen and IS causing HUGE problems world-wide. If we can shift the average global temperature by 2F in a CENTURY when natural sources haven't had that much influence over BILLIONS of years - where do you think this is going?

Climate change is definitely a big problem, but it's not the biggest problem. The biggest problem, the real doomsday scenario is procrastination. The longer we wait the worse things will get and the harder it will be to deal with.

I did cite your source and it doesn't say what you claimed.

Gus
YOU were the one that made the claim that 2-3 degrees would be huge and the source I quoted said the temp has increased on average 2 degrees in recent memory. Perhaps you should rethink your response...because the article says exactly what I posted.

Ok - so 1.6F isn't 2F...
Big deal - it is happening, will continue to happen and IS causing HUGE problems world-wide. If we can shift the average global temperature by 2F in a CENTURY when natural sources haven't had that much influence over BILLIONS of years - where do you think this is going?

Gee, I thought we were talking about science? So the facts don't count?

Further, your source claims all the global warming is due to greenhouse gasses in the last CENTURY. I'm sorry, global climate changes have been and are additionally caused by far too many natural conditions for that claim to be fact or to list on a forum like this.

Gus

I did cite your source and it doesn't say what you claimed.

Gus
It also left out over 13 years of data.
You can debate exact numbers all you want but the message remains.
It's silly, like arguing about how hot the burner was that to burnt your hand on. was it 300 degrees or 450 ? Your hand doesn't care, it's still burnt.

All of this "NON SPAM" posts are making me hungry for a spam and eggs breakfest.

Actually, this is all very spam related.
Products like spam, vegan spam, lab grown meat and soilent green will all be needed in the future because of climate change.

Gee, I thought we were talking about science? So the facts don't count?

Further, your source claims all the global warming is due to greenhouse gasses in the last CENTURY. I'm sorry, global climate changes have been and are additionally caused by far too many natural conditions for that claim to be fact or to list on a forum like this.

Gus
We are discussing facts - just that your facts don't take into account the full body of evidence and merely cherry-pick the data.
Natural sources are part of it.
Anthropogenic sources are another part but are are orders of magnitude more significant that natural sources.
Just check Ice-core data to show atmospheric CO2 data for centuries/millenia:
https://www.co2.earth/co2-ice-core-data
https://cdiac.ess-dive.lbl.gov/trends/co2/ice_core_co2.html

Q.E.D. - humans are a significant source of emissions leading to climate change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back