• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD For Sale Umberti 1858 Remington .44

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
For your consideration...Uberti Remington 1858 .44 Cal. Gun has reasonable wear and tear on finish from use. Bore is pristine with no pitting as it was cleaned each and after use. Front sight filed down to my eyesight. Included is two pairs of grips that I made for it along with a spare cylinder. nipples are all free and oiled. I belive that I have a Screw set unused in the package that will also go with it. A couple of small action parts also. date code falls in around 2012 on manufacture. It takes a .451 ball rather than a .454. barrel is 5 1/2 in length. They seem to work well. Pictures may show whites substance which is nothing more than white grease. Prefer North Carolina buyer as shipping issues are less of a hassle. Asking $300.00 firm considering all that comes with it. Thanks for your consideration. USPS money order would be preferred as manner of payment

Attachments

• 20220128_090212_Burst02.jpg
    20220128_090212_Burst02.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 169
  • 20220128_090311_Burst01.jpg
    20220128_090311_Burst01.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 173
  • 20220128_090348_Burst01.jpg
    20220128_090348_Burst01.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 168
  • 20220128_090136_Burst01.jpg
    20220128_090136_Burst01.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 149
  • 20220128_090136_Burst01.jpg
    20220128_090136_Burst01.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Well that’s a better than “good” price. I have the exact firearm, shoot a lot of rounds with a conversion cylinder from Taylor’s and Company. Bought NIB from these pages a a bit more money.

Well that’s a better than “good” price. I have the exact firearm, shoot a lot of rounds with a conversion cylinder from Taylor’s and Company. Bought NIB from these pages a a bit more money.
Well im 61 now not old but not young. Comes a time where you have to thin the herd as the sand slips through the hour glass. Probably none of Great nephews would be interested. It may be better going to someone else. It could start a lifelong affection for this kind of thing...which is good.

Maybe it matters for the buyer (or not) but here is a tip. For reasons never explained, the Italian guns have cylinder bores that dont match the barrel and thats why .454 IS the correct size yet it doesnt fit. The .451 fits but rattles its way down the barrel, affecting accuracy. The solution is to ream the cylinder so that the .454 will fit and problem solved. Ive forgotten the size of reamer, I seem to remember 29/64th, but there are YT videos to explain the process. I have no experience reaming so I would have a gunsmith do it if the gun were mine. I have posted a WTB for this very model but am locked up abroad because of covid restrictions and cant do much about it.

Forgive the digression here and good luck with the sale.

Maybe it matters for the buyer (or not) but here is a tip. For reasons never explained, the Italian guns have cylinder bores that dont match the barrel and thats why .454 IS the correct size yet it doesnt fit. The .451 fits but rattles its way down the barrel, affecting accuracy. The solution is to ream the cylinder so that the .454 will fit and problem solved. Ive forgotten the size of reamer, I seem to remember 29/64th, but there are YT videos to explain the process. I have no experience reaming so I would have a gunsmith do it if the gun were mine. I have posted a WTB for this very model but am locked up abroad because of covid restrictions and cant do much about it.

Forgive the digression here and good luck with the sale.
Thanks for your advise. 451, with a cork wad the gun shoots great. My intention was not to split hairs but to offer up what I have and what has worked for me. I want to pass it on to someone with the same passion for the hobby. Im not into redesigning things just enjoying that it works for me.
Does it put holes in paper? you bet....does it have the wherewithal to take a game Animal...you bet. I see no sense in trying to redesign a replica pistol. 451,s do not make it past the forcing cone when inserted into the bore. kinda leaves me to believe that the ball is bigger than the barrel. We are still talking replicas here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back