• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

For anyone considering an Indian manufactured Flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There sure are a lot of Democrats on this website! I'm going to Twitter and Facebook I find every time I'm asked to cite a reference and I do they just ignore the facts and science and continue on their merry way quite a bit like some individuals here! HP white is a respected Laboratory for testing they say the guns are safe, rudyard a member from Europe has posted I think it's number 71 where he has taken his guns also made in India to a British proof house and all of which have passed with flying colors! When faced with undeniable truth and factual data backed up by science and experience the same individuals refuse to acknowledge that gun makers in India having been at it for centuries still cannot make anything that is trustworthy.

There sure are a lot of Democrats on this website! I'm going to Twitter and Facebook I find every time I'm asked to cite a reference and I do they just ignore the facts and science and continue on their merry way quite a bit like some individuals here! HP white is a respected Laboratory for testing they say the guns are safe, rudyard a member from Europe has posted I think it's number 71 where he has taken his guns also made in India to a British proof house and all of which have passed with flying colors! When faced with undeniable truth and factual data backed up by science and experience the same individuals refuse to acknowledge that gun makers in India having been at it for centuries still cannot make anything that is trustworthy.
This…This right here…

I've looked at the Peder Trades and the price is right around 1250. Anyway, I'm eyeing a one-off Trade coming up at a sale, appears to be custom made, not India or Pedi. Wish me luck! My interest is casual, just would like to have one, don't NEED one! At reasonable price.
Everyone should have a nice trade fusil. They are light and incredibly useful. I plan to have my 24 gauge fusil buried with me. Loaded in case of zombies.

Would that be the Russian made AK,s?
Back when Russia invaded Afganastan we sent arms to the Mohja ha dine. But they didn’t put those guns right in to service. They took them apart and copied them turning one gun in to several.
Same with captured Russian weapons
These guys were making and useing rifles well back in the flintlock era, again when most of Europe and almost all European armies ignored the technology
These ain’t the dumb camel herders we like to think of them as.
Ask Alexander the Great and every commanding general of an invading army since then.

You might want to check your information a member by the name of Rudyard sent his India made guns to the British proof house and they all passed he said earlier that they all were strong well made

I highly doubt I will ever see rubyyard or Dave Person or Artificer or Loyalist Dave support any claim that modern Indian made muskets (or Pedersoli guns) would pass British ordinance requirements to support any additional claim they’re equal to their predecessors. While in practice they may made in the same way they’re not the same …. Not close.

But I do think you’ve misunderstood me I’m not comparing modern proof houses to that of the British ordinance of the 18th century there are not the same.

Hey hey fellow Forum readers I found this on Middlesex Valley Trading it's a great article on the structural integrity of India made black powder guns. The scientific data is a report from a Testing Lab called HP white they are widely regarded as experts in the field of metallurgy! This document clears up a lot of misconceptions about India made flintlocks one of which is inferior materials which this laboratory clearly states is incorrect they go on to say that the manufacturing of this particular weapon which failed due to gross negligence is manufactured to Modern standards and is every bit as good as European and American made muzzleloaders when it comes to the manufacturing process and structural integrity of the components! I know there will be those who disregard this information but being from a scientific lab it is much harder to dispute although I'm sure there will be those who try to
This is great scientific information, that I highly doubt can be disputed by anyone in this thread. Time to push this to the top of the hill again…

Latest posts

Back