• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlocks on TV

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevin madden

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm sorry I missed the "Elk Country Journal" program on VERSUS Network entitled, "Ancient Skills."
It was a squirrel hunt with flintlock rifles? What caliber were the guns ”” .32 and .36???

All but one were .62/20ga smoothbores. The rifle was .60 cal (He is a damned good shot too - Took the head right off that squirrel).

Black Hand said:
All but one were .62/20ga smoothbores. (He is a damned good shot too)
Hmmmm! Now that's interesting! :winking:
PheasantHunt4.jpg

I just saw an old movie on tv call Kentucky Rifle. Chill Wills was one of the stars. They appeared to have some nice flintlock rifles, but only saw one actual firing. The rest of the time it looked like they were pulling the trigger with an open frizzen. You would hear the bang but no smoke and no fire. Pretty poorly done.
Old Charlie

those were generally 45/70's with a make believe
flintlock cock and a frizzen welded to the open
ing latch..Actors were considered too dumb to be
able operate any kind of fire arm. Just my opinion based on no facts what so ever..

Back