• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finally got some decent pics of my custom

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Black

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I finally got a new camera and decided to take some pictures of my Early Virginia Rifle. I love the way the grain pops in the sunlight :grin: And it is a great shooter. 50cal, octagon to round barrel and balances perfect!
DSCF1091.jpg

DSCF1090.jpg

DSCF1083.jpg

DSCF1084.jpg

DSCF1082.jpg

DSCF1085.jpg

Beautifully built, too bad though it doesn't look like any Early Virginia, I've seen in books, or in person. Let me guess a TVM. Great looking gun though, well built. Virginia guns didn't have German locks, or Lancaster profiles. TVM builds a great gun, but about as H?C as a TC Hawken.

Bill

Bill, I don't know what I was thinking. I meant Lancaster. Not too sure on the TVM..... Still trying to figure it out. I actually have and email out to them now, hopefully they can give me more info. Thanks :hatsoff: Still one of the most beautiful hunks of curly I've ever seen :wink:

Just an absolutely gorgeous rifle !
:thumbsup:
And sorry you got those completely unsolicited negative comments...they do not reflect the attitude of MLF members in general.

Let us know how she does at the range...

A Fine looking rifle, by anyone's standards. I guess the History police should be concerned with their own weirs and not other folks.....Range report when You get a chance...

i'm new to this site, but that's some fine shootin iron you have there!

Thanks for posting pictures of your fine rifle. I never get bored looking at rifles. :thumbsup:

Merry Christmas to you! Gotta love the eye candy!..that is some popping wood!.....Send a range report..Congrats!

Thanks everyone for the great comments!! And to Bill of the 45th, regarding his earlier comment, everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I would appreciate it if you kept yours off my posts...... :nono: It's comments like those that people might read and decide not to join this forum and deny themselves of a valuable resource.

Back