• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Feinwerkbau history pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ernierod

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Received history #1 and the question I have is that the present nipple,supplied,seems undersized.All #11,and #10 and RWS 1075 caps are,to some degree,loose.Requiring pinching upon installing.Does anyone have a manufacture number on this nipple so I can order another brand-or the specs on the supplied nipple??Thank in advance for help.Ernierod

I`ve shot out several nipples on mine but not experienced what you have.
No.11 cci caps are slightly big but it works fine.
I dont have the spare parts number. The threads are metric 6x1 and I believe Ampco have nipples that fit.

Thanks for response-on the ampco nipple-is there a p/n for the nipple on the FWB #1 history aside from 6 x 1 (type of pistol etc)???Ernierod

I dont know, you might have to modify the nipple by filing it down.
The original FWB nipples are very brittle so if you find a substitute please let me know.

Maybe you can use the Ampco rifle nipples after you have filed them down to shape.
Send Ampco an e-mail and ask, maybe they know what will fit the pistol.
I live on the other side of the pond so I dont have a nipple supermarket outside as you have in US. :winking:

Cheers

Will have 2 possible solutions to the nipple issue.Should have answers in 6/7 days.Will keep you informed.My importer friend told me he could get FWB nipples-you don't want to know the price.Erod

I know the price on FWB nipples, believe me!
They are more costly than gold :haha:

The problem as I see it is that the FWB`s are very brittle, they break easy. My nipples for the FWB revolver dont, they are almost the same :hmm:

I look forward for your reply.
Cheers

Requested from FWB,the dimensions of nipple(thread size and length)so I could get an easily available nipple that held the caps a little more firmly.Got a reply today-you don't want to know what they said.

The information I wanted from FWB was simply length and thread designation of their History #1 nipple.There answer was a very polite-No,Nada,Nein and tough nuggies.Erod

Hi Sharps-I am still waiting for the Ampco nipple.Are you certain the thread size is 6 x 1???Thanks for help. Erod

Sharps-The nipple for the FWB is Treso(Ampco) p/n 12-50-05. It is an alternate and is .09" longer then FWB nipple.It is normally used in CVA (pistol/rifle)The thread is 6 x 1 mm,and the length is .626" It can easily be altered to the shorter length.Another alternate is sold by Thunder Ridge.The p/n is 5013s6(6 in a pkg).It too is 6 x 1 mm,length .526". It is hardened SS.The FWB nipple is 6 x 1 mm,.536" I tested the 5013,so far-it works fine. Both nipples are made for #11 cap.Tks for your help.Erod

Nice.
I will order some of them from Ampco.
Glad to be of any help.

Hold center

Back