• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

F.Robbins shotgun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bert

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I just picked up a F. Robbings shotgun of New York. It is about a 15 ga. (.677 id.)percussion double. It is all there and there and covered with a moderate amount of rust. It has never been messed up by over cleaning and all that. I worked on the bores and they seem fine but about a hand ful of rust and dirt came out so far. Does anyone out there have any info on this shotgun. I will take some pictures this evening and post. A new squirrel season in Virginia is going to open in early June and I can't wait to get started.

I hope this is of some help.
seems there were several American gun makers by the name of Robbins. Amongs them was a Charles F. Robbins From Brooklyn N.Y. That was issued a paten #190,782 for a rear sight. He could be your man.
Twice B.

Thanks for the info. I tried to google variations of the Robbins name and get no where. Maybe someone out there has some info. on this maker. So far I have cleaned it up and may be shooting it in a day or so. I found some of the old Feltan (sp) wads of different thickness and we will see. Bert

Sorry that I could not provide you with more info.
One suggestion. Before you fire the gun drop a bore light down the barrel just to be on the safe side.Also do not run a dry patched jag down the barrel as it could get stuck.
Good luck.
Twice B.

Should fire it remotely, using a string, from a safe distance before shoulder fireing. An old tire, a few sandbags to hold it down and some fishing line. :thumbsup:
I ran some HEAVY loads through my old shotguns to make me feel safe about shooting standard loads.

Back