• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Euro Arms Enfield

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have owned a couple of them. I had aP53 that was an excelent shooter after the lock was tuned, the barrell glass beded and sighted in . I also have owned the Short Rifle that I just couldnt get to group well at any range. I quickly found it a new home. Its been my experience that Italian made guns can usually be coaxed into being decent shooters if the shooter hisself is patient and does his homework with load development and sighting in. The stocks are a different story. The origional enfields are graceful and come to the shoulder well whereas the Italian repros seem to have clunky, oversized stocks. If the price is right I wouldnt hesitate to get one, but be prepared to tinker with it. Cheers Bob E

Have had mine for 3 years, the trigger is a bit heavy, but I'm used to the pull now and have learned to apply the pressure more slowly.

The biggest problem I had was the gun shot high, typical for most military style rifles. I built a bayonet-style front site from a piece of copper pipe with a blade site soldered on to it.This whole piece slides over the muzzle like a socket bayonet, over the front sight. Twist it over to the left and it stops up against the existing front site. the new blade site is now in front of and in line with the old site. This allows me to shoot dead-on up to 60 yards, no Arkansas elevation adjustment needed. The sight is removed when I'm done shooting.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. Fact is I'm looking to buy one so I can experiment with some other types of sights just to see how far I can push this rifles

Smokeydays

I bought a new one in '82. It was beautifully built and about as close in all its dimensions to an original as it could get. Certainly closer than several others I had seen. It was a pretty good shooter and I never worked up a good load to test its full potential. The only problem was that it had brass barrel bands that had been blacked rather than iron bands. I could have replaced them with originals but never bothered. I eventually traded it for a Whitworth. I wish I still had it though. I haven't seen any replica Enfield in recent years that comes anywhere close to the dimensions of an original. That goes for Springfield and Richmond copies as well.

I own and have shot a 2 band Euroarms enfield for about 6 years now. I like the deeper cut to the rifling over the other Italian maker. It is a little heavier, but I bought it to shoot not reenact. I am very pleased with it, and have no
plans to replace it with a newer pedersoli make.

I bought a 1861 Artillery carbine from a NSSA skirmiser 5 years ago and it has been nothing but joy since I found the right Minie . 500he RCBS. A winner at monthly shoots and two Mule Deer down.

Back