• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Combination tools for 1853 Enfield and 1861 Springfield

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking for good quality reproduction nipple wrench, screwdriver combination tools for the CW era Enfield and Springfield (my Springfield is a 1861 Colt special) tried Lodgewood and Dixie Gus works with no luck.
what other vendors should I try?

S&S Firearms. Especially with the US M1855 or M1863 tool I would spend the extra money and buy an original. The finish and metal quality is better.
Original Enfield tools are considerably more expensive than US pattern tools, so you might consider a reproduction on that end, unless you are prepared to drop a couple hundred dollars on a serviceable original.
A US pattern tool should work on both guns though...
You might also be served by inquiring with my buddies over at Agents Campbell & Pelican if you are interested in original gun tools. They have quite a bit of expertise in them.

I checked S&S. They listed everything I wanted, but they were all out of stock.
I ordered some reproduction tools from track of the wolf. I was able to get an original worm and ball puller for my 1861 Springfield and an original worm for a 1842 Springfield locally.
Still looking for some original tools, I will check Campbell and Pelican.

Latest posts

Back