• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

advice suggetions needed

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin sandwich

36 Cl.
Reaction score
getting back in to BP .....alot has changed over the years. im wanting to purchase a musket . what are the best brands to stick with where parts are still readily available ? i see euroarms is no longer around and parker hale . who still makes good quality guns ? i remember CVA made decent guns. what about cabelas brand guns ? would a euroarms be a bad choice ? i had aeuroarms 1858 enfield . loved it buts sold it 10 or 12 years ago.

To me ... to best advise you ... can you pin it down to a ideal style, barrel length, and caliber? If not in T/Cs, of which of all of them, should be the best to keep running for the long term.

That said, I have 2 Zolis, a flint Harpers Ferry 1803 and a peecussion Zouave ... one from the 70s, the other from the 80s. and they're both still reliable and shoot lights out!

The first question is- what are you planning to do? If reenacting, then the choice is based on unit. If competing like we do in the North South Skirmish Association, then the field opens up. As far as quality, given the current price of a new repop, you can get a solid shooter grade original for not much more.

Latest posts

Back