• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

English flints

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven’t tried Heritage yet but I will. And I agree that Log Cabin Shop are good folks, I’ve done business with them in the past. Might just bypass Track on my next order. I’m well stocked with flints at this time. Especially humppies! ;)
Heritage, where are they? Is that the company name? What city?

Just tried ordering from Heritage. Unfortunately they use PayPal. Attempted to checkout with a CC (instead of PayPal) and filled in my address information using my browser "autofill" feature (like I've done hundreds of times). But, after filling in my address info the PayPal checkout page dumped me to a page full of Arabic gibberish (which I can't read). I guess it didn't like my TN address. I sent Heritage an email and hope to hear back soon on the issue.

Just tried ordering from Heritage. Unfortunately they use PayPal. Attempted to checkout with a CC (instead of PayPal) and filled in my address information using my browser "autofill" feature (like I've done hundreds of times). But, after filling in my address info the PayPal checkout page dumped me to a page full of Arabic gibberish (which I can't read). I guess it didn't like my TN address. I sent Heritage an email and hope to hear back soon on the issue.
If that's their payment method I'll pass on trying them out. Thanks for the info.

If you are buying flint nodules, get a couple. I recently attended a flint knapping course here in the UK and we were using genuine Brandon nodules weighing about 5 lbs. My average for decent 5/8" or 3/4" flints was around 5 per nodule, trust me, there's an awful lot of waste!
Plus side is I came home with around 80 good flints, some mine, some the Instructors so I have enough to last me probably the rest of my lifetime!
Hi John, Where in UK did you do the flint knapping course? I’d like to give it a try.

I know a guy called Will Lord does courses. He has a website. In fact, I think, and I may be wrong, he is the main knapper, in the UK at the moment
This was advertised in the MLAGB Magazine a while back, the guy's name was Carl (I think), based on a farm near Swindon, Wiltshire. It was thoroughly entertaining but made you realise just how difficult it is! I will find out more details and let you know.

This was advertised in the MLAGB Magazine a while back, the guy's name was Carl (I think), based on a farm near Swindon, Wiltshire. It was thoroughly entertaining but made you realise just how difficult it is! I will find out more details and let you know.
Karl Lee. There is also a link to him on page 3 of this thread

For flints:

Stonewall Creek Outfitters.

They are a bit more expensive then others. $2.90 per flint!

I bought a bag of 50 which brings the cost per flint below $2. I can't say I found any that were unusable although some will yield more shots than others. I was very happy with the product I got from them.

Just received these 7/8” in the mail from Log Cabin Shop. I ask them not to send humpbacks and they did a very good job doing that. Very happy with them. Both the flints and Log Cabin.

Attachments

• 3624A807-6882-475D-BFA6-51403A95388D.jpeg
    3624A807-6882-475D-BFA6-51403A95388D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
recently had a few flints of this guy which looked good and worked well for the few shots i had time for Flintknapping with Karl Lee - Primitive Technology UK don't know what he charges to ship to the states.
That's the Guy that ran the course for MLAGB, it was held at a place called 'The Berrycroft Hub' near Swindon, Wilt's. The Hub have a web-site and do all sorts of related stuff including flint axe heads and tools, very interesting and certainly very educational.

Just found the Guy's card. His details are Karl Lee, British Gun Flints. www.primitive-technology.co.uk.
He's a very obliging fella so I am sure he would be prepared to ship to the US of A. I have his UK mobile number but if you would like it please pm me as I am reluctant to post it here
Thank you John. I’ll contact him via his web site.

I made a short video showing the best way I have found to grind down these humpy flints if you don't have another means to use them or in my case, can't return them to the vendor. Like some of y'all said, a diamond wheel does the trick.

Back