• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CLOSED Empty Black Powder Cans

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a Boy Scout training class in December (rifle & shotgun merit badge with muzzleloading option) and I am looking for some empty old 2F, 3F & 4F cans for training props. Any old empty tins for percussion or musket caps would also be wanted. Let me know if anyone can help. Thanks.

Your looking for the Tin Cans? not the new plastic ones. Ill check the basement. Thank there are a few down there if they did not get thrown out on the last cleaning binge. when I was in Grade school someone brough in a wood board with all the different types of Blasting Caps that were made glued to it and showed us wheat they looked like and how to make them go pop. they handed it around the room so every kid could get the feel of them. it was good saftey training in case you found some laying around you would know not to blow your hand off. In the NAVY down in Damneck, VA we had a Gun Saftey course where the instructors told all the guys in the room. DO NOT TOUCH Anything" while they went to get coffee. of course some of the dumber guys had to pick up a few of them and pulled the triggers. yup they were all loaded with BLANKS. We all just about dug a hole in the floor as we did the Duck & Cover. The instructors came in laughing saying that happens every class. So on the weekends the next base up the beach was marines and they would put flash bangs on snap detonators ( a 209 cap in a plastic spring, same as you use on a claymore or to pop C4) and run mono fishing line around the beach. se a bunch of us would get drunk at the Shifting Sands club and swim up and change the locations of all the flash bangs on Sat night. Would have loved to see their faces when they did monday morning training. Pop,Pop,Pop. WHAT?

Last edited:
I have 23 empty containers. Metal and plastic Goex and plastic Schuetzen. Let me know how to get them to you and they are yours.

Latest posts

Back