• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WANTED Small .50 cal Left-Hand Caplock Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys/Gals,
I / we are looking for an inexpensive Left-hand, .50 cal percussion rifle which will be used in our Black Powder teaching program that we do with the Boy Scouts at Camp Raven Knob (in Surry County, NC ). Priced under $300.
We have had several youth who are left handed in the program and teaching them the basics of Black Powder shooting with a right-hand Caplock is hard for them. Thats what got me to post this.
The Boy Scout regs require .50 caliber and Cap Lock only for Scouts to use..
I would prefer a short barreled (32-36") half-stock rifle which they could handle easier than some longer rifles.
I would buy this gun to donate to the Scouts and the Mountain Man Program. It would remain with the Scouting Program use only.
If interested, I would be also willing to make a personalized Powder Horn to trade for a usable/reliable rifle. (Particulars can be discussed in private messages).
I am not familiar with caplocks, but for those of you who are, consider that the age range for the Scouts using it would be from thirteen to sixteen years old.
Thanks for considering this. Any suggestions would be helpful also.
Gratefully,
PathfinderNC/ Bob Gerard

Attachments

• CRK 2.jpg
    CRK 2.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back