• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Embroidered Shooting Bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LRB

75 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
A friend of mine makes shooting bags in the back of my shop. This is his second venture into embroidering them. I don't know how PC they are, but they sure look good. If they aint PC, they shoulda been. Of course a little dirt and smudges would make it look better.
EbonyEnglishbeltknife.jpg
[/img]

Wow! that does look really nice!

I'm thinking that the French Metis did a type of embroidery with porcupine quills which looks similar to the bag in the picture

I believe that is very similar to what an original would have looked like when it was new. Very nice! Like you said, with a little wear, sweat and smudging and it will look even better :thumbsup:

Very nice and yes embroidery was done by the Metis and Woodlands/Great Lakes NDN's - both moose hair and silk were used - here's three samples of Metis silk thread embroidery........their floral beadwork style is in fact an adaptation of the embroidery taught by the nuns....
octopus-bag-2.jpg

big7.jpg

metis-hat.jpg

Thanks Chuck for posting the Metis stuff. You know why. Cool looking stuff. :hatsoff:
BTW, have a happy and healthy Independance Day weekend. :winking:

Waaaaay too much time on your hands!! Besides you are making the rest of us look bad!
Nice pieces! (guess the green eyed jealousy monster rears its' ugly head)

flashpanner said:
Waaaaay too much time on your hands!! Besides you are making the rest of us look bad! Nice pieces! (guess the green eyed jealousy monster rears its' ugly head)

flashpanner - Just to keep things straight, those pieces are originals - I can only hope my stuff is as nice..... :grin:

Don - YOu too amigo - BTW - I haven't forgotten those patterns - the proverbial fecal matter hit the whirling blades and .........

I don't know how PC embroidered pouches would be but I have seen Gen. George Rogers Clark's brain tanned coat and it had a lot of silk thread embroidery on it and it looked similar to some of the work on the pouch you illustrated.

Regards, Dave

Back